Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Thanks for the link, but--as I said in my opening message--I'm very reticent to give it a try. On top of that, the final two photos remain a mystery to me. What does one do with the loose wire at the top of the mag? How does one get it to stay at the desired distance from the back of the magazine?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I cut mine = to the follower ramp. The rounds press against the wire = correct spacing. I believe you're over thinking this, it doesn't have to be perfect, once the 1st round is loaded everything is solid. If you don't like the result just use the magazine as before, the small cut in the back of the follower doesn't matter.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Just use Fiocchi, Norma or S&B FMJ and never worry about rimlock again.
I've exhausted my Fiocci and basically switched over to Norma and they function great with my P32 pistols. Since the pandemic 32ACP has been mostly hard to come by but good news is you can buy from Norma directly and free shipping for orders over $150.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've recently decided to forego off-the-body carry when I go to the gym, and instead carry IWB. I've been alternating between my Seecamp .32 and my Beretta Pico .380, but I'm starting to think that my P32 may be the sweet spot.

But it has been a while since I carried my KT, and I'm rethinking what I may want for carry ammo. We all know how underpowered .32 is to begin with, and then there is the added issue of rimlock to worry about. I've settled on the Fiocchi SJHP, Underwood Xtreme Defender, and Buffalo Bore hard cast flat nose in my Seecamp (varies depending on price and availability), but none of those will work in the P32 since--unlike the Seecamp--it doesn't have spacers in its mags, and thus must contend with the possibility of rimrock.

So, are we stuck with just FMJ to avoid rimlock? Are any of those ammos I carry in my Seecamp long enough (I'm pessimistic)? And if the ammo is only FMJ, which are the hottest out there (I assume Fiocchi and S&B, but I'm hoping I've missed other good ones).

Thanks in advance (And please don't suggest a fly wire modification. I'd use one if KT made them, but I don't trust myself to put one together that is at all reliable. A man's got to know his limitations.)
Just get the Sig P238, it’s lite, small, thin and very reliable. You can also get a variety of defensive ammo for it. Compared to my 3032 Tomcat my 238 is a pleasure to carry.

·
Registered
98 Posts
P238 is SAO, I believe. Many are not comfortable with carrying cocked and locked. I believe the grip is shorter as well. And it’s heavier.

I do agree with you that the Tomcat is a fatty.

·
Registered
110 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
I had a Sig 938, nice pistol but the weight & heavy single action pull was the deal breaker for me, felt like it was 5 times heavier than the p32.
If you’re not gonna do the wire mod, then either stick to fmj, or try a longer hollow point round and take your chances. I prefer Fiocchi fmj, with the energy of ..32acp I’d rather have penetration over expansion.

·
Registered
365 Posts
BTW for anyone who can’t find Fiocchi in stock, I recently ordered some from Palmetto State Armory. And still In Stock right now. $30 a box.
When I ordered mine, there was only one other online dealer that had it in stock at that price, maybe Outdoors Unlimited? No one else had it in stock for less and the few that showed it in stock were way higher.

There’s also a great older thread here comparing case tapers, and Fiocchi appeared to have the most gradual case taper compared to every other domestic and imported brand. I can’t prove it, but IMHO it’s the main reason Fiocchi is so dependable.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts