Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I finally got to the range today, first time since the plandemic started.
I had ordered 250rds of S&B FMJ from sgammo when I got my P32, but hadn’t had a chance to try it. I had heard the rumors that S&B had hard primers. The load I bought was advertised as milsurp, and had the red lacquer sealant.
Put 50rds through the P32 without any issues at all, and it did seem full powered.
My P32 is in my pocket right now, loaded with S&B. What a great little pistol.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I need to get back to the range soon myself!
Once every few weeks, when i am in the house by myself I park my noisy lawn mower in front of my garage and then fire of some 22 into a backstop in my garage- sloow fire stuff.
My P32 was #1 until a year ago. I bought a small 22 LR NAA 1-1/8" barrel mini revolver for $150 at my favorite LGS. I picked it up and it just spoke to me, so I bought it. For awhile I carried both, but now I just carry the NAA 22, I wrap it in a handkerchief- one fold. I can pull it out of my pocket, wrapped in white cloth and no one would suspect I was packin'. I can even pull the hammer back and fire it still while it's wrapped up. I have dry fired it that way with fired cases in the cylinder.
My wife doesn't like firearms much. She thinks I have left my "protector" at home.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I need to get back to the range soon myself!
Once every few weeks, when i am in the house by myself I park my noisy lawn mower in front of my garage and then fire of some 22 into a backstop in my garage- sloow fire stuff.
My P32 was #1 until a year ago. I bought a small 22 LR NAA 1-1/8" barrel mini revolver for $150 at my favorite LGS. I picked it up and it just spoke to me, so I bought it. For awhile I carried both, but now I just carry the NAA 22, I wrap it in a handkerchief- one fold. I can pull it out of my pocket, wrapped in white cloth and no one would suspect I was packin'. I can even pull the hammer back and fire it still while it's wrapped up. I have dry fired it that way with fired cases in the cylinder.
My wife doesn't like firearms much. She thinks I have left my "protector" at home.
I have a Freedom Arms .22 LR mini single action revolver that is very similar to your NAA. You may want to test your NAA on paper and medium. My FA tends to keyhole with a several brands of ammo and penetration is almost a joke. Rapid accurate fire ( the heart is about the size of a fist - try hitting a target that size rapidly at about 10 feet for a drill ) is a fantasy, for myself anyway, as I can only get a 1 finger grip on the little bugger to control and fire it. That being said, it is marvelous in the watch pocket of my jeans when fishing. I use shot cartridges to discourage water moccasins with it. I rejected it a very long time ago from all SD roles. It lacks too many vital abilities ( penetration, accuracy, reload time, controlabiltiy, speed of fire, etc. ) and I will not trust my life or my family member lives to it. I have much better choices available to me. In fact, of all the options I do have at hand, the .22 mini revolver is the absolute last thing I would pick. Just speaking of my own personal experiences and opinion. Use what you are comfortable with and have confidence in. Good luck, my friend.

·
Registered
92 Posts
A rattlesnake doesn't strike, unless it can't miss you. When I was looking at the mini revolver, I was the only customer in his gun shop. He showed me his protection- he was carrying his mini revolver in the front pocket of his fishing shirt. The kind that have baggy pockets. He dropped it back in the pocket and it was invisible. You can't pull it out to threaten someone 10 feet away with. - you have to use it at close range= arms length plus a few feet. Think of it as a super Bowie knife.
If I lived up north, instead of Florida, I would have more carry options with jeans and jackets & winter coats.
I could even carry my PMR-30 under my coat , my Taurus 380 Spectrum ($119 at Rural King last year) in the waist band of my jeans, my mini revolver in my flannel shirt pocket, P-32 in my pants pocket and my little 25 acp SNS (Saturday night special) in my ankle holster.
I have to keep the peace in my house- my wife can not know I am carrying a firearm or she gets all nervous. She has no clue, as I'm just getting a white handkerchief out of my dresser drawer. I carry my mini revolver from the time I get up in the morning, until I go to bed.
Ok , OK, Mr robber, don't hurt me, here's my wallet, come and take it-
( finger on the trigger (no trigger guard) and thumb on the hammer)

·
Registered
156 Posts
A rattlesnake doesn't strike, unless it can't miss you. When I was looking at the mini revolver, I was the only customer in his gun shop. He showed me his protection- he was carrying his mini revolver in the front pocket of his fishing shirt. The kind that have baggy pockets. He dropped it back in the pocket and it was invisible. You can't pull it out to threaten someone 10 feet away with. - you have to use it at close range= arms length plus a few feet. Think of it as a super Bowie knife.
If I lived up north, instead of Florida, I would have more carry options with jeans and jackets & winter coats.
I could even carry my PMR-30 under my coat , my Taurus 380 Spectrum ($119 at Rural King last year) in the waist band of my jeans, my mini revolver in my flannel shirt pocket, P-32 in my pants pocket and my little 25 acp SNS (Saturday night special) in my ankle holster.
I have to keep the peace in my house- my wife can not know I am carrying a firearm or she gets all nervous. She has no clue, as I'm just getting a white handkerchief out of my dresser drawer. I carry my mini revolver from the time I get up in the morning, until I go to bed.
Ok , OK, Mr robber, don't hurt me, here's my wallet, come and take it-
( finger on the trigger (no trigger guard) and thumb on the hammer)
I certainly don't want to be shot by it or any other firearm for that matter! You have a point there for sure! :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
First rule of gunfighting - have a gun! I carry a .32 or .380 when out for a walk in the neighborhood. If I am going into the city, I opt for a midsize 9mm.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Why the change of caliber? Does the .32 somehow become less effective in the city?
Why....why not? He chooses to go through the extra effort to carry something a bit more substantial when he feels the situation merits it. Of course the 32 doesn’t loose power in the city but it will never be the equal of the nine. Physics and physiology remain constant, city or country.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts