Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
No. The test gun was a Glock 42 with 33% more barrel length. The 32 tested with a keltec p32. If you are going to use an almost 4 inch barrel why use a 380? Use a 9.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Get a lcp or keltec 380 and shoot into clay. Then use a p32. Penetration is almost identicle with same length barrels. Or search youtube.

·
Registered
194 Posts
There is no 20 inch penetration from any 380 with a 2 inch barrell. Provide a link. A 357 won’t even do that.
Here you go. This is from the Shooting the Bull ballistics tests of different types of .380 ammunition.
Shot from a Taurus TCP
For reference the TCP barrel lenght is 2.84
P-32 is 2.68
LCP is 2.75
So, yes you will absolutely have 20" penetration and then some from a .380 from a short barreled pistol. I sure hope a .357 can do that.
It's just not accurate to say that the .32 is ballistically "almost identical" to the .380.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Actually a 357 will expand dropping 400 foot pounds into the target. 20 inches pencil prick exiting the target without depositing most of its energy energy is bad not good.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So my Fiocchi pentrates 12”. Within FBI specs. Kicks much less. Last 1000 rounds I bought cost 220.

Why is a 380 which kicks much more than even a hellcat 9mm that over penetrates a good thing?

Fiochi is 13 grams lighter about the same speed adequate penetration and you can empty the p32 in a clover leaf on a target in seconds because of low recoil. 380 just sux. 9mm or even 9 makarov is much superior in a 3 inch gun. In a 2 inch 32 is better. 380 will make your fingers bleed in a 2 inch gun.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Actually a 357 will expand dropping 400 foot pounds into the target. 20 inches pencil prick exiting the target without depositing most of its energy energy is bad not good.
Oh, that's a different subject.
There is absolutely no comparison between a .380 and a .357 None, whatsoever. I would never try to make that comparison. Hell, there's no comparison between a 9mm and a .357

But, as to your statement that:

"There is no 20 inch penetration from any 380 with a 2 inch barrell"

Well, that was just wrong. And you have been wrong about the .32 being equal to the .380. It's not.

·
Registered
194 Posts
So my Fiocchi pentrates 12”. Within FBI specs. Kicks much less. Last 1000 rounds I bought cost 220.

Why is a 380 which kicks much more than even a hellcat 9mm that over penetrates a good thing?

Fiochi is 13 grams lighter about the same speed adequate penetration and you can empty the p32 in a clover leaf on a target in seconds because of low recoil. 380 just sux. 9mm or even 9 makarov is much superior in a 3 inch gun. In a 2 inch 32 is better. 380 will make your fingers bleed in a 2 inch gun.
If the .32 works better for you, then that's what you should use. Personally, I can empty the LCP in a clover leaf on a target in seconds.
But, it is not balistically "about the same" as a .380

·
Registered
12 Posts
no none of these is 2 inch. much closer to 3. show ballstics from a seecamp. You are never going to get 20 inches from a 2 inch barrell.

·
Registered
194 Posts
no none of these is 2 inch. much closer to 3. show ballstics from a seecamp. You are never going to get 20 inches from a 2 inch barrell.
P-32 is closer to 3" too.
As is the P3AT, and LCP, and TCP and now Taurus has the Spectrum. They all are in that range of 2.68, 2.75, 2.84 There isn't a material difference in the barrell lenght.

I don't need to show ballistics from the SeeCamp. You would need to compare it to the SeeCamp .32 since it has a shorter barrel.
I doubt there is much if any ballistics testing on them. They are kind of oddballs.

Enjoy your P-32. I hope it serves you well.

I may shoot mine side by side with my LCP and Taurus Spectrum this weekend.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I carry mine pretty much all the time now. It’s incredibly light, but still can pack a wallop if need be. I’ve been thinking about getting a Ruger LCP II in .22 LR, but the P32 is lighter for being maybe a tad smaller, has a centerfire round (more reliable primer ignition), and fires a bullet weighing almost twice as much, at almost the same velocity. The only advantage that the LCP II Lite Rack would have over the P32 would be cartridge capacity.

Game, set, and match to the P32. If Ruger were to offer a LCP II in .32 ACP, things would change.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Game, set, and match to the P32. If Ruger were to offer a LCP II in .32 ACP, things would change.
There is only one reason that Ruger doesn’t offer the LCP in 32, demand. The moment they came to believe there would be a profit in adding 32 to the line up they would.
Was talking to a fella that owns a pawn and gun a while back about 32s. Pointed out the great deals that were around then on the surplus Beretta 81s. Good guns cheap. Said he wasn’t interested because of the caliber. He said he makes little to no money on 32s. They sit in the case gathering dust and eventually he usually sales them at his cost or sometimes at a loss just to move them out.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I’ve had a P3AT for 10yrs, it’s gotten a lot of carry. I’ve always liked the 32acp, though. When a P32 showed up at a good price on Armslist just before the pandemic, I bought it.
Shooting the P3AT never bothered me, but the P32 is a completely different experience. So smooth and easy to shoot. I really think that if it had real sights, it would prove pretty accurate.
When you add an extra round, and last shot hold open, it makes the P32 more attractive to me.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I also primary carry a p32 in a pocket holster with s&b fmjs. I am a civilian would only use mr gun to get out of a bad situation. I feel comfortable carrying this pistol and I do shoot it well.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Ya I snoozed too long when this COVID debacle started and I think they are now scarce, at least at the good prices.
I was just checking out some Zastava M70 Yugoslavian surplus pistols on GunBroker. Seems there are a few of those around. I kind of like it. Seems you can get one in really good condition for about $250. Of course, I don't know what they ran pre covid.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/875011167

·
Registered
568 Posts
Despite the naysayers, a .32acp is just fine for primary carry. How deep does a bullet need to go in order to hit the heart or other major organ? Not too far at all and in fact, I like the idea of having the round stay inside the bad guy, instead of exiting and hitting the baby in the stroller across the street. OF COURSE the .380 is stronger then the .32acp, that's why it's called a .380, the same with a 9mm, 45, etc...we can have this argument all the way up to .50BMG and even beyond, but I'm not going to war, I'm just trying to get the bad guy to break off the attack and go away. I can do that with a 9.6 oz loaded P32 and still be comfortable carrying two more mags. I can't carry 5 lbs of gun around all day, it's just not going to happen. You can deploy the P32 a whole lot quicker against a full size 9mm any day, especially if you're pocket-carrying and already have a grip on it. In that situation, I am 100% certain it's faster than someone else trying to draw from IWB or OWB. A cop once told me the smaller guns are the most dangerous, because 'you can't see them coming'. There's a YouTube video showing rounds from a P32 going through a car door. It's enough caliber to kill, no doubt about it.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts