Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
It’s my EDC, I don’t carry anything else anymore. A .32 is sufficient for my purposes; I am satisfied to deter or deflect rather than incapacitate. But even a .32 can be incapacitating if the operator is skilled, the ammunition is effective (I use Xtreme Cavitators), and the weapon is reliable. I used to carry a PPK and an NAA Guardian, but the P-32 is half the weight of either, easier to use, just as reliable, and less of a financial loss if it’s damaged in police custody.

That’s my opinion, my decisions.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Old guy, don't go to "iffy" areas, P32 works fine. If I do, Kahr CM9 goes in my pocket.
I too avoid "likely" areas whenever possible. If not possible, I carry a 1911 .45 acp loaded with 230 gr. hardball in a shoulder holster ( its all I ever shoot in it and that 1911 is by far the handgun I am most proficiant with ). In "unlikely" areas, which is 99.8% of the time, I carry a P11 or Ruger Ec9s loaded with 9mm Federal 124 gr HST. If the P11 or Ec9s is too conspicuos or inconvenient, I carry the P32 with Fiocchi 73 gr fmj. In other words, I carry the p32 just about all the time. :)

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I think it's fine as a primary carry. These days I carry a Shield 9mm 2.0 almost exclusively. But the P32 still comes out of the safe and it also makes a great house carry gun. I would trust it for edc as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
A P32 used to be my go-to EDC, but when the P3AT came out, I sold the P32 and used the P3AT for so many years it wore a sheen on touch points from my homemade pocket holster. A few years back, I decided if I really needed something to stop a bad dude -- mindset change beyond purely defensive/escape -- .380 wasn't going to cut it, and upped to a PF9.

The PF9 was barely larger/heavier than the P3AT (which isn't noticeably larger, and just an ounce or two heavier than the P32), and gave me added peace of mind thanks to the superior firepower.

Even after several years of EDC and more than a thousand rounds downrange, I just never got comfortable with my level of accuracy using the PF9 -- something that had never been an issue with either the P32 or P3AT.

And so I ditched the PF9 and got a CM9. I'm still a huge KT fan, and my safe includes a CMR30, PMR30, PLR16, and PLR22, but for routine EDC, I am super happy with my Kahr.

There are occasions when the CM9 doesn't work for me -- such as when I need to ankle carry -- and then I still make use of my trusty P3AT.

YMMV, but curious too, why ya'll use the P32, when the .380 is negligibly larger, but provides substantially more power (relatively speaking, of course!)?

·
Registered
14 Posts
YMMV, but curious too, why ya'll use the P32, when the .380 is negligibly larger, but provides substantially more power (relatively speaking, of course!)?
Shoot it a lot better than a same sized .380. I think anything less than a .45 is too small, but I'm not willing to carry around a 2.5 lb pistol in my old age.

·
Registered
19 Posts
my p32 is also a primary ccw although i am a revolver guy. it is simply way too handy and easy to conceal, plus offers more oomph than a favorite naa mini 22lr with cv revision grips or a 38 snubbie if i can dress around it. like others i am a retired civilian with no nocturnal or iffy area habits. my locales don’t prohibit open carry but i need to be totally discreet with even a ccw so the p32 is excellent.

i got mine at christmas before the flu panic and put just a few hundred rounds of ball ammo through it. my biggest hurdle was becoming used to carrying my p32 with one round in the pipe. silly worry, i know, as a revolver always has a round in its pipe, which never concerns me. i really want to take the p32 out for more practice after sitting for so long, another likely silly worry that i don’t have with a revolver.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Strictly speaking of pocketable pistols, of all I've owned or sampled, the P32 has yielded the best results, for me. But expanding on that, it's about having confidence and competence with the weapon overall. Of course there are larger guns that are better shooters in my stable but I'm speaking solely about a pocketable pistol.

The Beretta Pico has come in a close second.....but no matter what pocketable 380 I've tried I always default to the P32. Nevertheless I continue to try .380 pistols from time to time, just in case one of them ends up suiting me better.

·
Registered
195 Posts
No, and I wouldn't even consider it when I can carry a more powerful .380 in a comparable sized package.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
No, and I wouldn't even consider it when I can carry a more powerful .380 in a comparable sized package.
THIS.

Carry is about clothing, not the pistol. Almost invariably, my .380 Bodyguard goes everywhere my P32 went.

When clothing allows bigger, I used to move up to my Shield 9, but then the Shield 40 came out. You can debate 9/40 and the extra round, sure. I chose .40 but would not criticize the 9 +1 choice. Then the Shield .45 happened. Argument over, carry the .45.

The above having been said, dress slacks is one where the little bit of weight difference puts the P32 back in my pocket.

YMMV

·
Registered
26 Posts
My P32 gets a lot of carry time. I like it and it shoots good. I always carry an extra mag too. I have other size pistols in my carry rotation, PF9, G33, G19 and SA XD sub. I am probably going to put my P40 back in the rotation.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts