Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I just bought a used P32 and so far I have not had 1 single successful firing cycle. I tried Fiocchi 73 gr. fmj and it would not feed. I used the factory 7rd mags that came with the gun and new factory 10rd mags with same result. None of the rounds appeared to nose down. I usually had an empty chamber after each shot with 1 or 2 FTEJ in 3 mags. I tried some Herters and that apparently has hard primers. I had 3 FTF in a row and gave up on that.

What have you guys had success with? Pretty sure mines a 1st gen if that makes a difference I have some blazer aluminum and gold dots I have yet to try. Hopefully later today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Your post reminds me why I never buy used guns or used vehicles. That's gun's insides needs some work. I'm sure a few knowledgeable members here will pass some info to get it shooting consistently and accurately.

I just bought my first Kel-Tec P32 yesterday and awaiting delivery from Grabagun. I'm going to learn it's in and outs of operation, just like you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Best to hear from some Gen1 Guys for suggestions...I have 2-Gen2's that eat anything.
I do understand the Gen1's almost always needed a fluff and buff. Don't even try the 10 rounder IMO they are unreliable. I DO understand the KT offers a lifetime warranty, but not sure if that is transferred to the second owner!?! My suggestion is to call KT customer service see if u r covered. IF not, maybe the have a flat rate to fix. Last options- get yourself a new 7 Rd mag., fluff and buff and try some Remington FMJ 71gr or PMC FMJ 71GR. Good luck and let us know the resolution.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
I have a gen 1 and it's been flawless for the 15 years I've owned it, no fluff and buff either. I honestly can't remember any failures but I haven't shot it much the last few years.

I'm not too much help with the failures you are having but I would suggest all new springs, mags included. That's a pretty cheap and easy thing to try with it being a used gun.

Also if you can't fix it yourself you still might be able to send it back for repair. You will have to pay but from what I've heard it's very reasonable.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
1. Different ammo, magazines, changes, etc. The common denominator is "YOU". Let go of your ego when troubleshooting the problem.

2. Lifetime warranty applies only to the original owner, ie. the first non-dealer purchase in the chain of transfers.

3. Aluminum cases are explicitly not supported and have a bad reputation for reliability. I have used them successfully but don't buy them anymore.

4. I have Gen 1, Gen 2. The only times I have had ANY function problems has had NOTHING to do with ammo, and everything to do with shooting technique, ie. not a firm enough grip, ie. limp....well, you know. Deal with it and learn how to shoot the thing. I am reminded of this every time I take a new micro/subcompact to the range for the first time, regardless of brand.

5. That is NOT to say there isn't something wrong with the pistol, but so far the evidence does not point to pistol, ammo, or magazine. Because with the variety of attempts, something should have worked by now.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Since it's a used gun you may want to strip it and give it a good cleaning and lube then try again. The failure to feed sounds like it could be a mag problem, either springs or feed lips. I would strip them and give them a good cleaning also. A failure to extract might be a crud buildup in the extractor area so clean that area well as the face of the slide, be sure to get under the hook of the extractor. If all else fails Kel-Tec service has been good in my dealings with them, cost, if any, is usually very reasonable. Good Luck :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would buy some new snap caps (the kind with a brass base with primer, so you can see the firing pin strikes). Run a magazine of snap caps through it. Load the magazine with snap caps, double-check that the magazine is loaded only with snap caps, and then check again that the magazine is loaded only with snap caps. Insert the magazine and rack the slide back and let it fly forward. Does it chamber the first cap? If not, diagnose that first.

Now that the cap is chambered, pull the trigger. Quickly rack the slide back so that the first cap is ejected and let it fly forward. Did the first cap eject properly? If not, you may have a problem with the extractor or the ejector. Both are easy to replace.

Look for the ejected cap. Is there a strong strike on the back of the primer? You should see a crater in the primer centered on the primer. If it looks good, keep going. If it appears to be a light strike, you may have problems with the firing pin.

Keep going through the whole mag. Pull the trigger on the next cap and then rack it out and let it chamber the next one. Inspect all of the caps for light strikes. Observe the extraction and ejection. You should be able to sense the point at which something hangs up. The snap caps will give you good evidence of your firing pin strikes. If your gun will chamber rounds fine, but you get repeated failures to fire, you may have light strikes or a bad firing pin, and your snap caps should tell you this.

Report back with your results. We'll be glad to help you diagnose the gun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.