p32 & p3at +1 ext the same???

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by hellraiser, Oct 25, 2009.

1. hellraiser

hellraiser New Member

Apr 1, 2009
    hey i was wondering if i can swap out the plus 1 ext. from 1 to the other? the seem to fit but will i run into problems from the spring or somthing else??? anyone try this? i looked up pictures and it almost seems like the same part...
    thanx as always!!!

2. hellraiser

hellraiser New Member

Apr 1, 2009

3. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005
    With due respect to yzguy, I am not sure that article is correct.  The springs in the two kits are different I think.  Why not just get the one the mfg makes for your pistol?  The other extensions mentioned are essentially just floorplates, but feeding and mag retention problems with them have been reported.

4. hellraiser

hellraiser New Member

Apr 1, 2009
    had an extra p32 kit collecting dust...

well i put it on and it seems to fit fine... clicks in place nice and solid... i hope to take it to the range to test it out and hope not to run into spring problems... wont know until i try...

were did you read about the reported feeding and mag retention problems ??? ive been searching with no luck...

5. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005
    Not sure.  The info tends to stay in my brain for a long time, but the sources less so.  Especially if I saw it when I didn't even own a P-32.

I can tell you for a fact that the springs in my .380 6 rd mags are different than the ones in my .32 7 rd ones.  KT is very good at using the same parts across multiple lines, and I think it pretty likely there is a reason they have two separate part numbers for the .380 and .32 kits.

Can you fit all 7 rds in?  Let us know how it works for you at the range.  It may be that it will work fine for a while but will wear out quickly or something, so keep an eye on it.  

6. hellraiser

hellraiser New Member

Apr 1, 2009
    will do!!! and yep all 7 rounds fit... i know that some have trouble getting number 7 in with the correct kit so maybe the spring is lighter...

taking a look a t the 32 and 380 stock springs they seem to have the same amount of coils...
    however after a little experimenting i noticed the kit fit really tight on one of the three mags i have...
    like it only wanted to go on about a quarter of the way... so i didint force it...

hope to get to the range sometime this week to see if it works...
    the way i look at it its worth a shot and might get lucky and it will work...

whats wierd is i can remember reading a long while back when i was a lurker that somebody converted a p32 10 round mag int a 380 mag but cant find that anywhere...

7. Picatinny_Pete

Picatinny_Pete New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Hello,

I know that the plus 1 kit for a friends P3AT worked fine with my P-32 Magazine, but I don't know if it works visa versa.

Thanks

8. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005
    I remember a thread where a guy used an NAA Mini mag extension to create a quasi-high cap P-3AT mag. I think it was 9 rds.

9. hellraiser

hellraiser New Member

Apr 1, 2009
    well i made it to the range finaly and used a whopping 50 rounds of my dwindeling .380 supply and the ext seem to work fine... seems solid, fed right and helped get a better grip wich i hate to admit didint really help my accuracy... ;D ( i admit im only a novice shooter at best) but the p32 ext. seem to work and my p3at didint seem like it wanted to jump out of my hands...how long will it work???extra wear on the spring??? i dont know, but if i run into any hiccups i let ya guys know...