Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my P32 a few years ago and I miss that little thing. I had looked a long time for a hard chrome version and eventually gave up. Well, I had rust issues with my blued one. So I had it Cerakoted. Looked nice but, paint, meh. So I sold it.

I really want another (NEW) P32, and since nickel boron is the current rust resistant finish, that is what I want.

I cannot find one local. I cannot find one online.

Does anybody know the "inside track" on where these are?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
32,246 Posts
Reactions: haugrdr

·
Registered
71 Posts
I sold my P32 a few years ago and I miss that little thing. I had looked a long time for a hard chrome version and eventually gave up. Well, I had rust issues with my blued one. So I had it Cerakoted. Looked nice but, paint, meh. So I sold it.

I really want another (NEW) P32, and since nickel boron is the current rust resistant finish, that is what I want.
I cannot find one local. I cannot find one online.
Does anybody know the "inside track" on where these are?
You need to figure out where, when and why your gun(s) are rusting. I use 3-4 blued guns and none of em' rust.

Not sure where and how you are storing your guns. Not sure what oils / greases you're using. But find out what's causing the rust and you won't need to buy chrome, nickel and boron stuff.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TxCajun, I found that too. Even though it lists "In stock", I confirmed that it is NOT.
I appreciate the suggestion, though.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
joems51, respectfully, I do not have a problem storing my guns. I have been carrying on the job and in private life for over 20 years, and have owned and carried many blued guns. I do know how to care for them and usually have no problem with rust.
My P32 was the only gun I have ever had rust issues with. I do not blame the gun so much as the method of carry. That being pocket carry, which I am not a big fan of. This gun, for me, is for pocket carry when (dog days of summer) nothing else (IWB) will work.
Pockets can be sweaty places (yes, I do use a pocket holster).
A gun that I have to field strip and "oil" daily, is of no use to me.
Please do not be offended by this reply. It really is not as strident as it seems. I am just trying to be thorough.

·
Administrator
32,246 Posts
TxCajun, I found that too. Even though it lists "In stock", I confirmed that it is NOT.
I appreciate the suggestion, though.
Figures... KT tends to make some guns in batches and the P32 is probably not the best seller with the advent of competing pocket guns over the last decade. We may be between batches. Additionally, the vast majority are likely blued versions so you may be in for an extended search or some wait time. Hang in there and good luck!

·
Registered
71 Posts
joems51, respectfully, I do not have a problem storing my guns. I have been carrying on the job and in private life for over 20 years, and have owned and carried many blued guns. I do know how to care for them and usually have no problem with rust.
My P32 was the only gun I have ever had rust issues with. I do not blame the gun so much as the method of carry. That being pocket carry, which I am not a big fan of. This gun, for me, is for pocket carry when (dog days of summer) nothing else (IWB) will work.
Pockets can be sweaty places (yes, I do use a pocket holster).
A gun that I have to field strip and "oil" daily, is of no use to me.
Please do not be offended by this reply. It really is not as strident as it seems. I am just trying to be thorough.
What other blued guns have you pocket-carried with a pocket holster?
You do realize that you're supposed to remove the pocket gun from the soft pocket holster .... at least every-other-day, so it not traps moisture inside.

Works the same way for IWBs during the summer....even the harder Kydex-types. Especially any holsters that are fully enclosed at the muzzle.

I see you live near the ocean. How close are you to the Pacific? I live right-smack in the middle of the Great Lakes. My wife has the P32 and not a speck of rust. I am constantly reminding her to remove it from both her purse and her Desantis Nemesis pocket holster, after her work day.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, I remove my carry from the holster every night. Regardless of IWB or pocket. I have been at this for some time.

The ocean has no impact on this. It is a mountain range and two hours away.
Pockets can be sweaty places, during the right time of year.
Some people have more rust issues than others... body chemistry?

I have had issues with a blued P32. I have made no attempt to dissuade others from blued guns. I want a Nickel Boron P32. Why do I need to justify it?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TxCajun, I think you are right. I still have an "unexplainable affection" for the .32acp, though.
I have owned a few. The Seecamp and P32 are my favorite. But, since the Seecamp is so finicky about ammo, and I like FMJ in .32. The P32 can "pull its own weight" a little better. Of course, having so little weight does not hurt either.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kel-Tec has that pdf of dealers.
Is it worth while to just start calling them?
Can anyone recommend one?
Does anybody know of "this one place" that always seems to have some?

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
That PDF you mention isn't dealers...it's distributors. The people that supply the dealer network. And yes, it sometimes pays to just call them. But not always. Try calling any that are near you.

·
Administrator
32,246 Posts
Kel-tec bluing is hardly any industry standard, and it has in the past, been inconsistent at times. Mostly, their bluing has been fine. Some examples are pretty good. Some don't come out so well. While not common, KT pocket guns with rust issues are hardly unheard of around here, especially when they get carried a lot. For years, I have advocated the hard chrome guns to anyone who asked. Be patient and wait for nickel boron.

And there is no need to apologise for your affection for the P32. It is the grandfather of the modern pocket pistol. Pre-p32 pocket pistols were all steel, triple the weight, thick, blocky, and many were in 25 cal. Still today, the design holds up well, and I don't know of any smaller, lighter, thinner, or more reliable pocket gun. My P32 is an old 1st Gen blued model with an ivory grip.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Kel-tec bluing is hardly any industry standard, and it has in the past, been inconsistent at times. Mostly, their bluing has been fine. Some examples are pretty good. Some don't come out so well. While not common, KT pocket guns with rust issues are hardly unheard of around here, especially when they get carried a lot. For years, I have advocated the hard chrome guns to anyone who asked. Be patient and wait for nickel boron.

And there is no need to apologise for your affection for the P32. It is the grandfather of the modern pocket pistol. Pre-p32 pocket pistols were all steel, triple the weight, thick, blocky, and many were in 25 cal. Still today, the design holds up well, and I don't know of any smaller, lighter, thinner, or more reliable pocket gun. My P32 is an old 1st Gen blued model with an ivory grip.
Hear, hear !

My deepest carry is still a P-32. Lightest available where my Bodyguard 380 tugs down in dress pants and drapes like....there's something heavy in that pocket.

I also have a Gen 1 that fits in a small pocket in a fishing vest, where you would certainly not expect to find a gun. It has gotten wet and not rusted, at least not the time it took to get home and wipe it.

·
Grand Poobah
1,429 Posts
Gallery of Guns has no P-32s of any finish available.

Have you thought about having yours plated or refinished? Accurate Plating and Weaponry used to do Kel Tec's hard chroming. I had them refinish the slide of my P-11 and they did a very nice job. They do better surface prep for individual customers than Kel Tec had them do. They used to have special rates for Kel Tec parts. You might check them out. Here is a link: http://www.apwcogan.com/

buzzsaw

·
Administrator
32,246 Posts
Buzz - he sold it a few years back.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
buzzsaw, I have looked into just buying a blued one and having it refinished. Then I saw that it costs as much as the gun.

·
Registered
6 Posts

TxCajun:
How did you attach ivory grips to your P32? I am curious because I would love to put some nice grips on my P32 in order to build out the grip to achieve a better purchase on the gun.

·
Administrator
32,246 Posts
Back in the 90s, for the 1st Gen P32, KT made about 8 different color grips, that is, the entire "grip-frame." Somewhere, not on this tablet, I have a pic of the collection. Maybe someone will come along and post it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.