Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am not trying to hijack, but want to know how the " Wolff 13 lb recoil spring" works for you----I was looking at a Galloway 13lb sring. What preformance changes did the 13 LB. make to your gun?
Gary
The main thing that I was looking to do was to slow down or buffer the recoil impulse from hotter ammo, whether WW Silvertip, CorBon, or European FMJ rounds. What I've found is that the heavier recoil spring made the gun recoil like I was shooting .22 Mag ammo, with reliable functioning, once I had my rimrock mods installed in the magazines. The one exception would be with the CorBon, which would sometimes have feeding issues tying in with rimrock. Haven't shot that for some time, so it might be worth experimenting with again.

Hope that helps!

Ed

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just installed the OEM trigger shoe today. It definitely gives more “real estate” for your finger. I’ll try to get out back in the next few days to give it a try.
I have used heat shrink on the trigger. Best to do with the trigger removed from the frame.

·
Registered
14 Posts
E-Onsale Grip extensions
I just put one of those E-Onsale magazine finger extensions on the stock mag of a P32. Im really happy with it. Totally transforms the grip, in a very good way.

Paired with a DeSantis Nemesis. Really happy with that pocket holster, I almost forget its in my rfp.

I also tried a Pachmyr grip sleeve.. it is very comfortable, but jury is still out.. I took it back off because I kind of like the flat sides of the stock grip. Slightly less bulk in pocket, and a more positive hand feel. The Pachmyr grip sleeve feels "vague".. not sure how to say that.. the softness does not give as much feedback to sense hand alightnment on the grip..

Oh, and, I sanded the grip checkering slightly, to make it less abrasive, for my delicate hands.

The Magazine Finger Extension is By Far, the best mod I have tried so far. It provides a really positive grip when reaching into a pocket.

·
Registered
14 Posts
because there is a gap from the baseplate to the bottom of the grip, the extension ends up 0.79" below the bottom edge of the grip

the actual grip extension plastic part is 0.72" tall

if you try it, share your impressions

·
Registered
94 Posts
Not much to mine. New metal guide rod, new recoil springs, a Uncle Mike grip sleeve, and I added finger rest base plates to the magazines. They’re from the NAA Guardian and I had to do a little tweaking on them to get a good for. That little more
room for the ring finger helps.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My early Gen1 has been great since one quick trip home when I first got it. I think they replaced the extractor with a new design. I did a mag base reduction on my carry mags, added a neat glue-in rear sight, and put a little piece of red plastic in the front sight. Very happy with my mods and the accuracy/reliability of the P32. Not a target gun, but at 20-25 feet, I can put a mag full of Fiocchi FMJs in a face-sized group.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just put one of those E-Onsale magazine finger extensions
If you're so kind. How much did that extension add to it? I'm looking for an additional 3/4".
Fwiw, I just purchased one pack.
Here's a tip. In Amazon there are two postings for it. In one, shipping is charged. In the other, it's not---free shipping. Save $5.99.

·
Registered
105 Posts
E-Onsale magazine finger extensions....if you try it, share your impressions
More height than the Pearce. And your measurements were spot on, thank you.

That being said, about 2/3 of my pinky is still unsupported :(.
I could do with something at least 1" in height.

Thanks again..

·
Registered
105 Posts
I could do with something at least 1" in height.
Found them.

WARNING: Issue with the spring plate. Need to enlarge, a tad, the hole in the extension.
Also, the top of the extension needs sanding.
With both, easy does it.

But the height is perfect.

·
Registered
105 Posts
By comparison, the 10-round KT mag lays 1.25 inches from the bottom of the magwell to the bottom of its grip.

After being modified, the Garrison extension still measures 1" from the bottom of the magwell to the bottom of the grip. The bottom three fingers of my hand are a bit cramped, but I can live with it.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Updating from my May 18th 2020 post:
The grip sleeve I'm using now is for the Hogue LCPII, needs a minor bit of trimming at the bottom so as not to block the mag from inserting.

I've found best mag extension for me is from Bersa 380 magazines. In my case it allows two finger grip perfectly. The E-onsale and the Pearce models fit half of third finger. When practice drawing from pocket holster sometimes the third finger rested on the grip extension, sometimes slid below. Prefererred the consistent feeling of the two finger grip with the Bersa.

Trying out the Adams Grip short P32 extension, it allows for a full grip for me but not sure if the added length suits me for pocket carry. Likely staying with the solid two finger hold with the Bersa.

The Bersa grip ext. is hard to find because the Bersa importer (Eagle) is no longer in business. In another post I listed the part numbers, you need both for it to work correctly:
Bersa 380 part# TP380C2 - Magazine Bottom
Bersa 380 part# TP380C7 - Magazine Bottom Holder

In the past I've also tried the Kel-Tec P32-313 1-round magazine extension, not so much for the extra round but for a better grip. The thing that was lacking was the curve at the bottom. The curved bottom of the other mag extensions, for me, is the primary reason for using them as it aids in drawing from the pocket.

The pics show the Bersa and Adams Grip models and how they fit me, my hands are medium at best.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood Gesture Finger Automotive design Thumb Bumper Air gun Trigger Line Gun barrel Gun accessory Gesture Netbook Finger Thumb Office equipment

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Updating from my May 18th 2020 post:
The grip sleeve I'm using now is for the Hogue LCPII, needs a minor bit of trimming at the bottom so as not to block the mag from inserting.

I've found best mag extension for me is from Bersa 380 magazines. In my case it allows two finger grip perfectly. The E-onsale and the Pearce models fit half of third finger. When practice drawing from pocket holster sometimes the third finger rested on the grip extension, sometimes slid below. Prefererred the consistent feeling of the two finger grip with the Bersa.

Trying out the Adams Grip short P32 extension, it allows for a full grip for me but not sure if the added length suits me for pocket carry. Likely staying with the solid two finger hold with the Bersa.

The Bersa grip ext. is hard to find because the Bersa importer (Eagle) is no longer in business. In another post I listed the part numbers, you need both for it to work correctly:
Bersa 380 part# TP380C2 - Magazine Bottom
Bersa 380 part# TP380C7 - Magazine Bottom Holder

In the past I've also tried the Kel-Tec P32-313 1-round magazine extension, not so much for the extra round but for a better grip. The thing that was lacking was the curve at the bottom. The curved bottom of the other mag extensions, for me, is the primary reason for using them as it aids in drawing from the pocket.

The pics show the Bersa and Adams Grip models and how they fit me, my hands are medium at best.

View attachment 56394 View attachment 56393 View attachment 56392 View attachment 56391
Another way is to grind down any extensions that are too long. Did that for a Pearce on my Kahr CM9, just "catches" the little finger & still fits in the pocket fine.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts