Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what mods folks have made to their p32? I put grit (non-skid) paint on the front & rear grip panels & widened the rear sight to the right, shoots straight now :). Also put a little Testor bright white on the front sight, looks like a little white "blob" & easy to pick up (I've got old eyes).

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
jonholl- have four P32s, a Black, Grey, Green and Tan. All outfitted the same way:
Galloway Traction Grip Overlay
Pachmyer Grip Sleeve
E-Onsale Grip extensions
White nail polish on the front sight

My grey grip model pictured had a parkerized finish. Wasn't a fan of the finish and had the slide and barrel refinished by Cummings Custom Refinishing in their Cera-Hide finish in House Black.

Interesting that you modified/widened the rear sight, never heard of that before.

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
jonholl- have four P32s, a Black, Grey, Green and Tan. All outfitted the same way:
Galloway Traction Grip Overlay
Pachmyer Grip Sleeve
E-Onsale Grip extensions
White nail polish on the front sight

My grey grip model pictured had a parkerized finish. Wasn't a fan of the finish and had the slide and barrel refinished by Cummings Custom Refinishing in their Cera-Hide finish in House Black.

Interesting that you modified/widened the rear sight, never heard of that before.
Just curious - in your picture, that is a gen 2 P32. Are all 4 of yours gen 2s?

Widening the rear sight,eh? What a great idea! I put white fingernail polish on the front and rear sights but the rear sight gap is so tiny, its still hard to center the front sight. Have to think about widening the rear sight a mite.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pistol was shooting to the left, even on the bench at 5 yds., straight now & daylight on both sides of the front sight. Just used a needle file & also made the bottom of the rear sight level with the slide. Better now for old eyes.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just installed the OEM trigger shoe today. It definitely gives more “real estate” for your finger. I’ll try to get out back in the next few days to give it a try.

·
Administrator
32,161 Posts
I just installed the OEM trigger shoe today. It definitely gives more “real estate” for your finger. I’ll try to get out back in the next few days to give it a try.
Check and I think you'll find that trigger shoe hangs outside of the trigger guard creating a possible snag hazard that could cause a negligent discharge. That part was originally made for the P11, which has a wider trigger guard. There's a mod for that:

http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/triggershoe.htm

·
Registered
12 Posts
I installed the Pachmyer Grip Sleeve and E-Onsale Grip extensions-huge improvements, and it still conceals just fine.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Check and I think you'll find that trigger shoe hangs outside of the trigger guard creating a possible snag hazard that could cause a negligent discharge. That part was originally made for the P11, which has a wider trigger guard. There's a mod for that:

I find it interesting that Kel-Ted says on their website that it “fits” the PF9, P11, P32, and P3AT...

Text Font Line Screenshot Parallel

·
Administrator
32,161 Posts
I am well aware that they now label the trigger shoe that way. Trust me, the part was originally made, marketed for, and labeled, P11 trigger shoe, some 20+ years back. The article I pointed you too is that old or more, so people were starting to install them on the smaller guns when it wasn't designed for them, thus the modification and warning on 1bad69 that I linked.

Probably less than 5 years ago, KT declared that it was for the smaller guns as well. Many of us who knew it was wider than the P3 trigger guards were somewhat surprised at the possible liability. Just check and you will see the shoe hangs out both sides of the trigger guard posing a possible snag hazard when reholstering. That risk would be especially high with a form-fitting kydex holdster that grips the trigger guard.

Reactions: FLA2760

·
Registered
98 Posts
I am well aware that they now label the trigger shoe that way. Trust me, the part was originally made, marketed for, and labeled, P11 trigger shoe, some 20+ years back. The article I pointed you too is that old or more, so people were starting to install them on the smaller guns when it wasn't designed for them, thus the modification and warning on 1bad69 that I linked.

Probably less than 5 years ago, KT declared that it was for the smaller guns as well. Many of us who knew it was wider than the P3 trigger guards were somewhat surprised at the possible liability. Just check and you will see the shoe hangs out both sides of the trigger guard posing a possible snag hazard when reholstering. That risk would be especially high with a form-fitting kydex holdster that grips the trigger guard.
Oh, I'm not debating -- just somewhat disappointed that Kel-Tec would advertise a known safety hazard without an appropriate warning.

·
Administrator
32,161 Posts
I was disappointed too, as were a few others who were aware of the facts. To this day, if someone holsters or otherwise snags the trigger shoe on a P3, and it goes bang in a bad direction, a good lawyer might have the gun examined by an expert, or just a competent gunsmith, really. Trying to determine how the gun fired upon reholsterimg, that trigger shoe hanging out past both sides of the trigger guard would be hard to miss. This is why I always post that link when the topic appears. I'd hate to see someone get hurt needlessly.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Pistol was shooting to the left, even on the bench at 5 yds...
I understand you completely. I’ve owned three P32’s over the years and haven’t had one that shoots to Point-of-Aim (POA). Most folks are gonna tell me it’s the shooter, not the gun, especially if it’s hitting low left. Maybe, but I own and shoot a bunch of handguns accurately.

For the Gen1 P32 I have now, I have two slides and two barrels available. I shot all four combinations of those and picked the set that hit Point-of-Impact closest to POA. I’m right handed, and with all combinations the groups hit high right at 7 yards, anywhere from 1.5” to about 3.5”. That proved to me that slide to barrel fit has a lot of variation in the P32. If I hadn’t found a combination that was close enough for a belly gun, I’m not above filing sights myself!

No mods on the pistol other than picking the most accurate barrel/slide. I’m modifying a Blackhawk pocket holster to carry the gun and a spare mag.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Interested in your holster mods.
I carry with a Nemesis pocket holster, stuck on some non-skid strips to make sure it stayed in my pocket when I draw the pistol.

·
Registered
174 Posts

Does the trigger shoe allow for a trigger finger wearing thin gloves or a thick trigger finger from someone with big hands?

·
Administrator
32,161 Posts
Does the trigger shoe allow for a trigger finger wearing thin gloves or a thick trigger finger from someone with big hands?
See where you are now. I'm not sure how thick the trigger shoe is, mabey someone can measure. I would guess it adds about 1/4 inch.

·
Registered
98 Posts
View attachment 48838 View attachment 48840
Here’s pics. As I continue to use it I may add another Chicago screw to tighten up near the muzzle. (And I need another 7 rd mag)

I ripped out the original seam at the tab and added stitches at a spot that allows the mag.
I have a holster similar to that - and I stopped using it because the positioning of the spare magazine prevents me from being able to get a good grip on the pistol for a draw stroke. If you haven’t practiced with it, you might want to try. ;)

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
The only thing I've done to my 1G is add a trimmed down NAA Guardian mag base & made a pocket holster from an old boot. I also have a Bulldog thumb break belt slider.

Handgun holster Gun accessory Revolver
Slipper Footwear Shoe Leather
Knife Wood stain Blade

Reactions: Brawny
1 - 20 of 55 Posts