Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is KELTEC going to continue to manufacture the P32 with 32 ACP Ammunition Possibly Not Being Made Any More by anyone?

·
Registered
865 Posts
That isn’t going to happen, they will be manufacturing 32acp ammunition as long as there is a need for it . And yes I’ll bet money on it . LOL , to make it interesting I’ll bet 4 full boxes of 32 acp against a $20 bill .:);)

·
Registered
8,693 Posts
Hmmm, 7 to one with Fiocchi FMJ @ $35 per? Not a chance, I wouldn't take that bet at any odds.

I may invest in ,32 acp dies now that I think about it. I'm down to the 8 rounds in my P32 & I won't pay current prices for factory ammo. Maybe if I rolled my own I'd shoot it more. Last time may have been 5 -6 years ago.

Edit to add; Looks like all I need is a $17 (midway) bullet seating die. I've got the shell holder covered with the 30 carbine & 32 Mag sizing die does the sizing & deprime. The powder thru expanding die can be skipped for the low volume I'd be running.

Wish I'd saved my brass on this one. ;)

·
Registered
865 Posts
I’ve loaded 32 acp in the past, I think it was because I wanted to try the hornady 85 grain hp .

·
Registered
88 Posts
I don't know, but I wish kt would crank some p32s out soon. I have to replace the one I let my wife "borrow."
My EDC is a Gen 2. I have a surplus Gen 1 and Gen 2 I’d sell. I picked them up at an auction because I felt sorry for them. They both run great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just curious.
Why do you think no one is going to make .32 acp any more?
I follow a couple of really well done YT channels. Both within a couple of Days of each other had a strong mention of the 32 ACP going away. Did not mean to cause a stir.

·
Registered
865 Posts
You didn’t, we needed something to talk about that didn’t involve politics.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Is KELTEC going to continue to manufacture the P32 with 32 ACP Ammunition Possibly Not Being Made Any More by anyone?
That opinion came from a Field And Stream magazine article by Richard Mann. I believe the author is very uneducated about economcs as well supply and demand as to make the article laughable. His list of 6 pistol cartridges that are "dead, dying, or soon to be obsolete" are:

.32 acp
.25 auto
.41 magnum
.32 H&R magnum
.40 S&W
.45 GAP

I think the .45 GAP was sold in such small numbers as to possibly be qualified for a list like this ( remember the 7-30 Waters in the Win 94? ) otherwise this list is a joke.

if you want to read the article yourself, see:

·
Administrator
32,117 Posts
I follow a couple of really well done YT channels.
Therein lies the problem. There is some good stuff on YT and a ton of BS. It all depends on who the "You" is. 32 acp is a fairly common caliber compared to a bunch of less common rounds that are still being manufactured. There have to be millions of 32 pistols out there. The idea that it is being discontinued is silly.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Kel-Tec Forum mobile app

Reactions: Bear Claw

·
Premium Member
4,861 Posts
Hmmm, 7 to one with Fiocchi FMJ @ $35 per? Not a chance, I wouldn't take that bet at any odds.

I may invest in ,32 acp dies now that I think about it. I'm down to the 8 rounds in my P32 & I won't pay current prices for factory ammo. Maybe if I rolled my own I'd shoot it more. Last time may have been 5 -6 years ago.

Edit to add; Looks like all I need is a $17 (midway) bullet seating die. I've got the shell holder covered with the 30 carbine & 32 Mag sizing die does the sizing & deprime. The powder thru expanding die can be skipped for the low volume I'd be running.

Wish I'd saved my brass on this one. ;)
I've known several people who tried their hand at hand-loading .32ACP. Their reported experiences convinced me that I should never try it outside of an emergency. Apparently the only worse center-fire cartridge to hand-load is the .25ACP. (Though the NAA cartridges look super irritating too)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Reactions: RAT76

·
Premium Member
4,861 Posts
I follow a couple of really well done YT channels. Both within a couple of Days of each other had a strong mention of the 32 ACP going away. Did not mean to cause a stir.
They were both click-baiting you and regurgitating an article that's been making the rounds. It was also essentially click-bait.

Heck, you can still buy 9mm Largo https://www.shop.ammo-one1.com/product.sc?productId=70

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
8,693 Posts
I've known several people who tried their hand at hand-loading .32ACP. Their reported experiences convinced me that I should never try it outside of an emergency. Apparently the only worse center-fire cartridge to hand-load is the .25ACP. (Though the NAA cartridges look super irritating too)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Yeah, I'll get the seating die for the 32 S&W/32acp If I can get one cheap, as I already load the longer 32s just to round out the set.

I've got 9mm dies I'll probably never use, got a stash of 9mm & don't shoot it much. 32acp? Another just-in-case caliber to reload.

Reactions: FLT

·
Registered
347 Posts
I’ve always wondered why most of my big box sporting goods stores stock .25acp but not .32acp. But I seem to come across way more .32acp firearms.
Personally, if domestic ammo makers stop stamping it out, no skin off my teeth. I prefer any of the imported .32 to domestic. And unless all ammo is banned from import, not an issue.
And imported Privi Partizan/PPU is still available in calibers for firearms they’ve stopped making decades ago like Belgian Mausers & Carcanos. Beretta still sells a lot of .32acp firearms in other countries.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The only hard part to reloading .32ACP is measuring the low doses of powder but it is not hard to reload. I actually use new brass from Starline and have been loading Lehigh Defense bullets. Makes a very nice defensive round. They shoot very well in the P32.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I saw the same opinions on YouTube channels as well. .32 didn't affect me directly, but the same fear was mentioned about .40 s&w which did.

·
Registered
33 Posts
CZ 50 and 70.
Beretta Tomcat
Kel tec P32
All are popular and sell quickly.
And with all the recent sales of Italian surplus Beretta 81's, I doubt that round will go away in a few lifetimes.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts