Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,
I made a mistake, was distracted, and knocked out the wrong pin when disassembling my P32 to replace the cheap plastic magazine retainer button and spring (parts 205 and 208). Now, as a result I am faced with replacing the hammer block and its befuddling spring (parts 272 and 273) which seems impossible. Does anyone have guidance on how to do this? Or, should I take a chance on losing it or waiting six weeks by sending it to the factory? HELP!

·
Registered
277 Posts
perhaps these pics will help?

https://www.thektog.org/threads/hammer-block-reinstall-help.197610/

alternatively (and tongue-in-cheek), pay the $35 stupid tax for a new grip (which comes with the parts installed)... you can get a new grip from Kel-Tec via USPS Priority in 3 days (two days for me, as my orders come across the state)

sorry, couldn't resist, but hope you get things sorted out... a good pick and thin forceps or hemostats might help?

willie
on the 'been there, done that' Gulf of Mexico

·
Registered
668 Posts
Sorry, way late to the party but it's not really that tough to do...I always start the hammer block axis pin first, get it in there enough that I can position the spring onto the hammer block and then 'catch it' onto the pin....if that makes sense.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.