P3-AT stuff

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Finch, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Finch

Finch New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    1) Holsters: Just got my new DeSantis Nemesis. They rock. I have a KNJ and a Concealed Carry pocket holster. I also made my own pocket holster out of leather. They all work fine, but all are really kind of big--look like a really big wallet and mostly don't fit in the back pocket at all. Plus, the Conceal Carry tends to print even with the spare mag, so I sewed on a backing. I really like the Nemesis. Small, light and doesn't print. Plus easy, easy access into the pocket.

2) Bought the extra round mag extension and the pinkie finger tip extension and tried them both. Then I thought hey, why not glue the finger tip extension on the extra mag extension. I trimmed off the extra plastic on the finger tip extension, i.e. for sliding it on the magazine and then glued it on using crazy glue. I cut two small, thin strips of plastic and glued them at the joint on each side. The result was very comfortable and crazy glue is good stuff. I tried hard and couldn't break the finger tip extension loose.
    I tried to post some pictures after reading the instructions but never pulled it off. I liked the mod, but it makes the mazazine stick out more than I wanted so I ended up prying the fingertip extension off and just going with the extra round extension.

Really like the P3.

2. wheelguy

wheelguy New Member

May 4, 2007
    Now that's an interesting experiment I haven't heard of before. Thanks for posting about it. I guess that once you have 2 good fingers on the grip, any more is just wasted space.

3. Finch

Finch New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    I wear a size 8 glove, an average size hand. With the fingertip extension glued on, my 5th finger fit very comfortably on the extension without overhang. I did some measurements to see how much, percentage wise, it increased the height of the gun. I'll see if I can find them.

I'm really not comfortable with the P3 without either mag extension because I can't even get two full fingers on the grip, much less 3. However, with either extension I can get two and am comfortable enough with two and curling the 5th.

However, if a person really has issues with curling their 5th digit under, this will work similar to the longer mag that comes with PM9 Kahrs. The added fingertip extension really didn't add THAT much and felt more like a full grip.