Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new guy here checking in. I have had a first gen P3AT for over 2 years now as my backup gun on duty. Just stopped in a local gun shop today and found the 2nd gen gun (NIB) for $249.00 +tax. Is this a good price for a new 2nd gen P3AT? Thanks...

·
Registered
357 Posts
Gun show on Saturday - Pasadena Texas - several dealers had the P-3AT (blued) for $229 - $239 (+tax) also had the parkerized version priced at $235 - $250 - saw one hard chrome for $289 (firm! printed on the price tag).

Saw more 32 caliber KT's then ever before - I am guessing most are buying the 380 and that is hurting sales of the 32. Prices on the 32 were $219 - $239.

All these were NIB guns.

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
Hi, Eagle1! Welcome to KTOG! $249 is not the LOWEST price around but a decent one. You're not getting ripped off.

271: Those are normal prices, but a very good price for the rare hard chrome model. So you passed it up?

Packer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, checked a couple other stores and they were,

1) $299.00, in stock X2, of course!
2) $281.00, out of stock
3) $269.00, out of stock

So the $249.00 (in stock, X2) around here seems to be the best price..

·
Registered
115 Posts
Eagle1 said:
Hello all, new guy here checking in. I have had a first gen P3AT for over 2 years now as my backup gun on duty. Just stopped in a local gun shop today and found the 2nd gen gun (NIB) for $249.00 +tax. Is this a good price for a new 2nd gen P3AT? Thanks...
That is a fair price. You can spend $20 driving all over the place to get the gun for $20 less. Whats the point? I paid $279 for a parkerized P3AT last month at the Palm Beach Gun Show. The local gun dealers get over $300.

·
Registered
357 Posts
yes - I passed up the hard chrome P-3AT.

I like the dark colored slide better - If I had it to do over I would not even go for the parkerized model - if I could have bought the new darker blue slide that is out now.

I actually paid more ($20.00) for a matte blackened stainless steel slide on my PM9.

The little knicks & scratches - or even the holster wear marks do not bother me one bit. I buy guns to shoot them - if I am "lucky" I will live long enough to wear it out!

G

·
phil_evans said:
purchased a p3at for $207 at cost plus 10%.
512-454-3073 - austin texas.  
gray grip, blue slide.
u got a darn good deal. kiss that dealer ;D ;D best money u ever spent to..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all of the info guys. Just got back from the gun dealer and actually got the dealer to come down $10.00 making it $240.00 + tax, ($255.60 out the door). I am happy. Now to clean and get ready to shoot her. She will go nice with my 1st gen one really well!

G

·
Deuce03 said:
I know going to hate me for this.  Local gun shop had an after Christmas sale, P3-ATs for $190,
that is within 5 bucks of dealer cost. Sounds to me like they want to get their inventory down before tax time. Doesn't make good sense to sell it for that, they can't stay in business with a margin that low, You best buy that for sure, u willnever see that price again..super price, just super.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I just bought a new P3AT blued slide with black frame for $199.00 at the last Saxet gun show!!!

Good deal!

God Bless,
Doc S

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.