P3-AT Noob

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Logan, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Logan

Logan New Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Hey guys. Just signed up on the board. Looks like a great place. Lots of info and the members seem to be very helpful. Very nice to see. I just picked up my first pocket gun the other day. It was a birthday present to myself from other people. I took the cash they gave me...lol. Anyway, just trying to learn all I can about this little gun. Looks like a great little piece. I am sure I will learn a ton from all the pros on here. TIA for all of the great info. :)

2. wyo-man

wyo-man New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Welcome. Lots of nice, helpful people here.

wyo-man

3. rls1158

rls1158 New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Welcome Logan. You'll find a great bunch of guys and a few women on this site. Most are very helpful when problems arise. I'm sure you've seen evidence of that already by reading many of the threads.

God bless,

Reggie

4. Red_Hat

Red_Hat New Member

Oct 21, 2005
    Welcome to the forum, Logan. You've come to the right place to learn about your P3AT!

5. shootah800

shootah800 New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Hey there, Logan!

Nice choice! I think you'll enjoy your new little KT treasure... And yeah, a bunch of helpful - - occasionally grumpy -- but most of the time helpful -- and sometimes just plain silly -- good ol' boys. :)

-Matt

6. Logan

Logan New Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Thanks everyone. Can't wait to get to know some of yall. Right now though, I am going to the range to play with my new KT ;)

7. gpr

gpr New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    north palm beach
    welcome...silicone your extractor on your first cleaning, this will help to keep from loosing it....but it will happen.....start saving your chistmas money, keltec's are addictive....gpr

8. c0wboi38

c0wboi38 New Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Welcome to KTOG!!! And like many said, start saving the pennies....

I have 5 KTs and no signs of stopping yet....

9. Logan

Logan New Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Thanks again everyone. Went to the range today. Put 100 rounds down range. I did not pull the gun apart before going, which after reading here I realize I should have, but I didn't. So the first 50, I had about 4 or 5 rounds that did not feed correctly. Pull the slide back and they would re-seat and go in like they were supposed to. Well, I told my self "self, it is just part of the break in period." So I got another 50 put down range with not a single hiccup. All in all I am pretty happy with it. May have to do a grip work. I will break it down and clean it real well.

One question I do have. I have seen several of you talking about greasing your slide rails. What kind of grease are yall using? I have not seen a particular kind stated, just grease in general. Thanks again.

10. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Hey Logan, welcome to ktog. Sounds like your little gun is breaking in pretty well!

11. Logan

Logan New Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Yeah, its getting there. Is it normal for these to jam a few times at first? :-?

12. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    Certainly for it to happen in the break-in period it is not incredibly uncommon.

13. Logan

Logan New Member

Dec 9, 2007
    That is what I am learning from doing a great deal of reading. Thanks for all of the replys.

14. flonder22

flonder22 New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Welcome Logan. About grease on the rails. Most say just about any gun grease will work, some use plain old axel grease.  :) Put some grease on the center slide thing that resets the hammer and a dab on the face of the hammer as well.

15. Logan

Logan New Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Thanks, I did run across a thread or two about that after I asked it. Thanks for the response though. That is what makes this place great. It really reminds me of a board I am part of the staff on. Thanks again. :)

16. spence13e

spence13e New Member

May 11, 2006
    Kansas
    logan, i've used the exact opposites of the spectrum to great this thing, high end stuff (like TW50 or some stuff) and el cheapo hoppes grease. both work equally well!

17. Logan

Logan New Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Thanks spence. I know I have some white lithium grease here at the house. Would that work? I think one good thing would be that is would be easy to see when doing a cleaning. Easy to get off and reapply. Any thoughts on that?