Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Just signed up on the board. Looks like a great place. Lots of info and the members seem to be very helpful. Very nice to see. I just picked up my first pocket gun the other day. It was a birthday present to myself from other people. I took the cash they gave me...lol. Anyway, just trying to learn all I can about this little gun. Looks like a great little piece. I am sure I will learn a ton from all the pros on here. TIA for all of the great info. :)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Welcome Logan. You'll find a great bunch of guys and a few women on this site. Most are very helpful when problems arise. I'm sure you've seen evidence of that already by reading many of the threads.

God bless,

Reggie

·
Registered
911 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Logan. You've come to the right place to learn about your P3AT!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Hey there, Logan!

Nice choice! I think you'll enjoy your new little KT treasure... And yeah, a bunch of helpful - - occasionally grumpy -- but most of the time helpful -- and sometimes just plain silly -- good ol' boys. :)

-Matt

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
welcome...silicone your extractor on your first cleaning, this will help to keep from loosing it....but it will happen.....start saving your chistmas money, keltec's are addictive....gpr

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks again everyone. Went to the range today. Put 100 rounds down range. I did not pull the gun apart before going, which after reading here I realize I should have, but I didn't. So the first 50, I had about 4 or 5 rounds that did not feed correctly. Pull the slide back and they would re-seat and go in like they were supposed to. Well, I told my self "self, it is just part of the break in period." So I got another 50 put down range with not a single hiccup. All in all I am pretty happy with it. May have to do a grip work. I will break it down and clean it real well.

One question I do have. I have seen several of you talking about greasing your slide rails. What kind of grease are yall using? I have not seen a particular kind stated, just grease in general. Thanks again.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Welcome Logan. About grease on the rails. Most say just about any gun grease will work, some use plain old axel grease.  :) Put some grease on the center slide thing that resets the hammer and a dab on the face of the hammer as well.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks, I did run across a thread or two about that after I asked it. Thanks for the response though. That is what makes this place great. It really reminds me of a board I am part of the staff on. Thanks again. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks spence. I know I have some white lithium grease here at the house. Would that work? I think one good thing would be that is would be easy to see when doing a cleaning. Easy to get off and reapply. Any thoughts on that?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.