Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All-

I know there are many types of grips that people use and it is generally a preference. I recently purchased a Hogue Handall Jr. I would like to see how everyone installed theirs. ie- upside down, trimming, cutting, etc. I would love to see some pictures. Any ideas and suggestions are Gratefully appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't have any pics of the process, just the end result.

http://pages.prodigy.net/ceduncan/index.html

I did fit and cut to size. Then I installed the slip-on grip and rolled it up as high as I could towards the top of the grip.

I took some double sided tape, the soft gummy stuff used for mouldings and wrapped the grip to make sure that the slip-on fits very well and will not moved around.

Last step was to roll down the grip and get it into the proper position.

Does not move and moulds to the shape of the poly grip.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks Good! End results will do...just something to show how it will look. Thank you!

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts

·
Registered
11,201 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Stole this idea from some guy on THR. It' s the Jr. (upside sown, trimmed, ans secured with a few drops of crazy glue) under an Agrip.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/dolomite1911/p3at/P3AT.jpg?t=1171078196

Started with the Houge Jr. with a couple of strips of scrap neoprene gasket on the backstrap. I've got really lanky mitts and when I shoot a pistol, I've come to rely on 'natural-point-of-aim' as an important tool for accuracy - so taking a little bit of conceal-ability out of the 3AT is a fairly minor sacrifice.

So that's why the grip looks so wide.

The next mod was more expensive - but dare I say - provided the best of both worlds.

I forget how much the Brooks Agrip cost (so maybe it wasn't that expesive) but it is awesome. Most impressive is how durable it's been. It's taken an inordinate amount of sweat, gun oil and a lot of general front poket abuse and still can be cleaned up like new with a toothbrush and some rubbing alcohol.

Throw on a finger rest of your choice and the package is very hard to beat.

The best grip aid around is these mag bases.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dolomite said:
Stole this idea from some guy on THR. It' s the Jr. (upside sown, trimmed, ans secured with a few drops of crazy glue) under an Agrip.

I'm thinking about going this route also. Did you purchase the Agrip precut to the p3? Or did you buy a sheet and make your own?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Tried upside down thing first but where you trim out around mag. release.be careful putting on and rolling down and up and such, I tore mine where I trimed. Went and got another and did rightside up and just trimed the bottom, like instructions say to do. You do have to add some kind of rubber or foam to top rear part of grip.

G

·
Check this link out:http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=2501;action=display;num=1170318608

My setup looks just like "Stevil's" in the thread above.

It helped me decide on which grip cover I wanted. I ended up getting the Hogue Handall Jr. Slipped it on upside down and I did not like the way it felt. Decided to install it right side up and trim it along the bottom where the magazine inserts.

To trim I used a pair of scissors that have a curved tip. They are for trimming lexan polycarbonate bodies for radio control cars. They are very sharp. I feel that the curved tip allows you to be very precise in trimming stuff.

After that, I carefully used a dremel tool with a polishing wheel to to smooth out the edges.

It looks factory and is very comfortable.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm really surprised more people aren't using A-grip by Brooks Tactical. I put one on my P3AT and it improved my comfort and accuracy dramatically. I've also installed them on my Kahr P40 and PM40 and they improved my groupings considerably.

·
Registered
56 Posts
KelTec_Dick said:
I'm really surprised more people aren't using A-grip by Brooks Tactical. I put one on my P3AT and it improved my comfort and accuracy dramatically. I've also installed them on my Kahr P40 and PM40 and they improved my groupings considerably.
I have one ordered (OD) for my 3AT with the green grip. I liked the way the custom fit looked on a P32 on their website. I am using a Handall Jr on the black grip gun, but might upgrade to the A-grip if it looks and feels better.

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Everything I have heard the A-Grip says how great they are. I have handled them in a shop and they felt weird but like they would really do the job in very adverse conditions.

But BOY HOWDY are they the ugliest thing I have seen on a handgun!

-Scott

·
Registered
56 Posts
adamsesq said:
But BOY HOWDY are they the ugliest thing I have seen on a handgun!
I have not actually seen or held a gun with them on, but they did not look so bad from a pic I saw on their webpage. They were the only option I could find with a green color to match the green KT grip. If they fit, feel and shoot good, I can probably live with the ugly. ;)

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to hold on to them on my guns all the time, but...

Maybe for some they are beautiful. They kind of remind me of the 70s and velor (sp?).

That is why we have ToMAYtoes and ToMAWtoes both - we can all eat and be happy no matter what we like.

-Scott

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.