Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran into difficulty disassembling my P3-AT this evening, and it has stumped me. I pulled the pin like always, and expected the slide to easily move off the forward end of the frame like always, but it wouldn't go any further forward than the normal position. Racking the slide back and forth didn't change anything, and I began to wonder if I'd forgotten how to do this ;-) Finally, after what seemed like 10 minutes of fussing with it, I pulled the slide back and let go, and it flew off the frame and on to the floor. I couldn't find anything out of place, and after cleaning and oiling it (it wasn't dirty at all, I was just looking for something to do), it went back together just like it always has.

Anybody have an idea what I was up against? Anything I might have done to cause this?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
IIRC the guide rod gets caught on the frame once in a while, mine has done it a few times as well. what you did is what everyone usually does to get it off. no worries. ;)

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
Brewster6514 said:
IIRC the guide rod gets caught on the frame once in a while, mine has done it a few times as well. what you did is what everyone usually does to get it off. no worries. ;)
+1 I even got mine stuck from time to time while assembling. I've found that assembling and disassembling my P3AT is like fishing. I have to hold my mouth just right.  :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks for the info. I thought I was the only Spas who didnt know how to hang my tounge out and cross my eye's right.  :-/ LOL ???? Does it help if I put my red slippers on and click them together 3 times?????

·
Registered
305 Posts
If mine gets stuck I wiggle the chamber side to side with my left hand while gently pushing on the back of the slide with my right thumb. Same thing when putting it back together. If it gets hung up half way on move the barrel one way or the other to the side a little and it goes right on. Only wear the slippers when no one is looking.

·
Registered
715 Posts
How very odd! I've never had this problem with the slide not coming right off until tonight JUST AFTER READING THIS THREAD! I tried the wiggle the chamber back and forth method, and that did the trick right away.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Loganspawn said:
Thanks for the info. I thought I was the only tard who didnt know how to hang my tounge out and cross my eye's right.  :-/ LOL ???? Does it help if I put my red slippers on and click them together 3 times?????
not to ruin the levity of the thread... but i thought it was inappropriate when obama made the  
"special olympics "comment. and i think it was also inappropriate with the " i thought i was the only "tard" who didnt know how to hang my tounge out and cross my eye's right"  i do not think any thing cruel was meant (actually by either)...  sensitive yea i am a bit ... i have a beautiful 2 year old  "downs" granddaughter and i feel i will try to correct these oversights when i see them...  yea a couple years  ago i would probably have said it also... hey no harm no foul just a heads up some people do have feelings... and especially children.

please continue with the levity....

peace

·
Registered
93 Posts
Dont wory you ruined it now my head is low [For Real] Sorry to offend I hope you understand the meaning was that someone that is pretty smart can brain cramp. I am glad you spoke up and did not just get mad and hate. I hope that you also see all the blessings that a specail needs child can bring. I have a nephew that in 12 years has never spoke, walked or fed himself .  Im just trying to say I Hear you. I will take out tard as it is wrong and put in a more prudent word! MY Bad

·
Registered
108 Posts
like i said no harm no foul... i know that i have spoken out of line too.. and i am by no
means PC...

peace

·
Registered
93 Posts
But now that is settled no more negative wave's. Come on someone's had to have found my other slipper under their bed by now? Anyone? Anyone at all, no questions asked. I need a matched set or else I dont click my heels correctly. :-/ It's more like a chicken dance now. ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts