P3-AT disassembly troubles . . .

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Mike_Patton, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Mike_Patton

Mike_Patton New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    I ran into difficulty disassembling my P3-AT this evening, and it has stumped me. I pulled the pin like always, and expected the slide to easily move off the forward end of the frame like always, but it wouldn't go any further forward than the normal position. Racking the slide back and forth didn't change anything, and I began to wonder if I'd forgotten how to do this ;-) Finally, after what seemed like 10 minutes of fussing with it, I pulled the slide back and let go, and it flew off the frame and on to the floor. I couldn't find anything out of place, and after cleaning and oiling it (it wasn't dirty at all, I was just looking for something to do), it went back together just like it always has.

Anybody have an idea what I was up against? Anything I might have done to cause this?

Thanks,

Mike

2. Brewster6514

Brewster6514 Active Member

Jun 10, 2006
    IIRC the guide rod gets caught on the frame once in a while, mine has done it a few times as well. what you did is what everyone usually does to get it off. no worries. ;)

3. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    +1 I even got mine stuck from time to time while assembling. I've found that assembling and disassembling my P3AT is like fishing. I have to hold my mouth just right.  :D

4. Mike_Patton

Mike_Patton New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Ok, thanks to you both - I won't worry then. I'll just be looking for the right way to hold my mouth ;-)

5. Loganspawn

Loganspawn New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Thanks for the info. I thought I was the only Spas who didnt know how to hang my tounge out and cross my eye's right.  :-/ LOL ???? Does it help if I put my red slippers on and click them together 3 times?????

6. Mike_Patton

Mike_Patton New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Great - now I have to have slippers, too?!?!?

7. bro61

bro61 New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    If mine gets stuck I wiggle the chamber side to side with my left hand while gently pushing on the back of the slide with my right thumb. Same thing when putting it back together. If it gets hung up half way on move the barrel one way or the other to the side a little and it goes right on. Only wear the slippers when no one is looking.

8. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    :eek:

9. Loganspawn

Loganspawn New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    To late, wife and kids just saw me. Im clicking harder than ever and Im not getting anywhere. ;)

10. marshall

marshall New Member

Dec 8, 2004
    How very odd! I've never had this problem with the slide not coming right off until tonight JUST AFTER READING THIS THREAD! I tried the wiggle the chamber back and forth method, and that did the trick right away.

11. Mike_Patton

Mike_Patton New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Marshall, I hope I didn't jinx you ;-) Red slippers seem to be in short supply - almost as bad as .380 ammo!

12. Loganspawn

Loganspawn New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    I can sell you a left foot for $5 if you want a right to go with it $500. NOW ITS LIKE AMMO! ;D Slippers that is. :-X

13. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I love this thread!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't laughed this hard in at least a week. :D

[​IMG]

14. Loganspawn

Loganspawn New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    I see by your info you dont need any slippers to get to kansas. :-[ Ill have to take my ware's elsewhere. ::)

15. tweed

tweed New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    not to ruin the levity of the thread... but i thought it was inappropriate when obama made the  
    "special olympics "comment. and i think it was also inappropriate with the " i thought i was the only "tard" who didnt know how to hang my tounge out and cross my eye's right"  i do not think any thing cruel was meant (actually by either)...  sensitive yea i am a bit ... i have a beautiful 2 year old  "downs" granddaughter and i feel i will try to correct these oversights when i see them...  yea a couple years  ago i would probably have said it also... hey no harm no foul just a heads up some people do have feelings... and especially children.

please continue with the levity....

peace

16. Mike_Patton

Mike_Patton New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Thanks, Tweed - I appreciate your suggestion and agree with you completely.

17. Loganspawn

Loganspawn New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Dont wory you ruined it now my head is low [For Real] Sorry to offend I hope you understand the meaning was that someone that is pretty smart can brain cramp. I am glad you spoke up and did not just get mad and hate. I hope that you also see all the blessings that a specail needs child can bring. I have a nephew that in 12 years has never spoke, walked or fed himself .  Im just trying to say I Hear you. I will take out tard as it is wrong and put in a more prudent word! MY Bad

18. tweed

tweed New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    like i said no harm no foul... i know that i have spoken out of line too.. and i am by no
    means PC...

peace

19. Loganspawn

Loganspawn New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    But now that is settled no more negative wave's. Come on someone's had to have found my other slipper under their bed by now? Anyone? Anyone at all, no questions asked. I need a matched set or else I dont click my heels correctly. :-/ It's more like a chicken dance now. ;)