Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

P3-AT Crim Trace Laser mod-smooth the trig guard

806 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Static 
#1 ·
Simple easy mod...  Perhaps too obvious...

I recently purchased a P3-AT and added a Crimson Trace Laser to it...  I found after shooting 50+ rounds, my index finger was starting to get chewed up by the plastic edge of the laser body.  With big fingers, every time it is fired, the recoil was hitting my finger.    I did not want to start dremelling on the plastic of the laser (which I had just bought) and realized an easier fix...  
Run a Piece of Black electrical tape around the inside of the trigger guard over the gap between the two halves of the laser body.  Press firmly over the edges of the trigger guard and trim carefully with X-Acto knife.  Not only does it protect from the plastic edge, but gives it a smooth slick finish to the inside of the guard.  

I used a real thick tape (mistake) , and will likely change this to a couple layers of the thin stuff, as the edges when they were trimmed came out a little ragged on the sides.  A thinner tape in layers would work much better...
Just a thought.  

Stay safe,
IN_Sheepdog

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.