Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today at the range, my P3-AT quit working. The trigger has lost some of it's resistance and the break point feels strange. The firing pin strikes are very light and don't fire the cartridges, leaving a very slight dent on the primer. Could it be a spring problem? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

G

·
check to see if your trigger pin on the backside of the trigger has not pulled out, It also sounds like your hammer spring is broke and u are firing off the hammer block which will not ignite a round. k My bet is a broken hammer spring...

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
Medtech said:
Today at the range, my P3-AT quit working.  The trigger has lost some of it's resistance and the break point feels strange.  The firing pin strikes are very light and don't fire the cartridges, leaving a very slight dent on the primer.  Could it be a spring problem?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  It's NOT the trigger pin. That would cause the opposite effect. Something might be preventing the trigger from fully resetting, or you are not releasing the trigger fully.

Try this: Chamber a snap cap and pull the trigger. Before you release the trigger, hold the gun up close to your ear. Now slowly release the trigger and listen for two clicks.

If you release trigger all the way and no second click is heard, then it could be a partially broken trigger bar, or the top "hook" of the hammer spring could be broken and interfering with hammer reset.

Packer.

G

·
my bet= hammer spring! trigger pin would not be doing it. My top hook broke on my hammer spring but never fully came off the pin but I started getrting lite strikes and finally found the problem.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses. I took the slide off and manually pulled the hammer back to full cock and it worked as it was supposed to. I put it back together and it now seems to work, I'll take it to the range and see what happens. i won't be depending on it until I test it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.