Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to my local gun store (So. Fl) today and wanted to buy a P3AT. I was told they ordered a few 2 weeks ago and are on back order with no timeline. I know from reading this forum that Kel-Tec was closed for the past two weeks and I also read ( I think) that they ramped up production of the PF-9 and it may delay the others form shipping. Does anyone have any idea if they are actually back ordered at the factory or when I should expect it to come in. I ordered a blued w/ black. Thanks

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
Your local dealer orders them from a wholesale distributor.

The distributor is the one who orders them directly from KT, and is the one who is out of them.
They may only place an order every month or so.

There appears to be plenty of them around.

Perhaps your dealer should try ordering you one from someone else.

rcmodel

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
inothome said:
Went to my local gun store (So. Fl)
I don’t know about your local dealer but they were many NIB P-3ATs for sale at the local gunshows this weekend in Texas with prices starting at $229.

Wilson – who’s glad Kel-Tec gives Texas it’s proper dues :)

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
I know three weeks ago or so some dealers were telling me "backorder" "no one can get them" "kel tec doesn't support dealers..." etc.  Funny that they guy down the street WAS getting them.

It seems there is a pretty strong demand for them and the distributors seem to have their favorite dealers - but they ARE out there.

FWIW - the same store (but different sales dude) that told me "no one can get them" told me 2 weeks later "we have always had them in stock..."

Keep checking different dealers.

-Scott

·
Registered
137 Posts
When I bought mine back in late December, the dealer had just received several that very day...didn't say anything about them being hard to get...

I guess I'lll see at the gunshow this weekend.

DP

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
I'm sure Kel-Tec filled up the pipeline with P3Ats before they concentrated their production on the PF9. Some distributors may be running low, but there are plenty of them out there.

After the SHOT show closes (1/14) I'm sure they will be producing everything they can.

Packer.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
They were in good supply at our local gun show this past weekend.
Best prices were: blued - $230, parked - $240 - one hard chrome - $259

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
CHW111 said:
You can try the Ft. Lauderdale gun show,Or try Weston Arms in Davie Phone # 954-792-1911 ,I got my P-3AT from them. I paid 230 . 8)
Maybe I'll take a ride up to Ft. Lauderdale this weekend. I was told there is a waiting period in Broward even with a Florida CCW, which I have. Is that not the case? Being originally from NJ and having to deal with permits to buy handguns, this walk in and walk out with a handgun is new to me.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes I did :) , I posted the prices on the "P3AT How much" thread. I paid $279 for a Parkerized one. Best price was $239 blue and $259 Parkerized, although the line to buy from them (GUNS UNLIMITED or something like that) was 15 deep, everyone else was $259 for the blue. The way I look at it is I paid $20 for "express checkout" from a dealer (5 Star Guns) who had no line and the only other Parkerized P3AT. I went on Saturday and the show was pretty crowded, I am not one for crowds so I just wanted to buy and get out.

G

·
inothome said:
Yes I did  :) , I posted the prices on the "P3AT How much" thread. I paid $279 for a Parkerized one. Best price was $239 blue and $259 Parkerized, although the line to buy from them (GUNS UNLIMITED or something like that) was 15 deep, everyone else was $259 for the blue. The way I look at it is I paid $20 for "express checkout" from a dealer (5 Star Guns) who had no line and the only other Parkerized P3AT. I went on Saturday and the show was pretty crowded, I am not one for crowds so I just wanted to buy and get out.

that is a fair price IMO. gander mt here sells the blued version for $269. I never see a parked one in their cases or hc either..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wouldn'd go to Weston Arms. I went there yesturday thinking they would match that $230.00 price. Not a chance. $279 take it or leave it. And in my opinion, they were a little rude on the phone & in person.

inothome said:
Maybe I'll take a ride up to Ft. Lauderdale this weekend.  I was told there is a waiting period in Broward even with a Florida CCW, which I have. Is that not the case? Being originally from NJ and having to deal with permits to buy handguns, this walk in and walk out with a handgun is new to me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.