Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
The screws dont habe anything to do with case seating. They only hold sights to slide. To be honest if you send an email to kel tec you will find out that the bulge is normal in the p17. It has more to due with the barrel itself. Its case support of chamber. King of like older glock barrel case buldge calked glock smile.

I also think there is another thread regarding this issue.

That being said there could also be some carbon ring build up in the chamber keeping the case from fully seating.

This is not a recommendation but something i have done. I have taken a 22lr bronze bore brush and wrapped some 0000 steel wool around it. Chuck it up in a variable speed drill and on a slow speed clean the chamber. Its not going to take metal off and clean the chambeer.

Other issue regarding failures to feed and your round count could be attributed to mag springs. Try stretching apring out a bit and see if it helps or send email to kel tec asking for new springs.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Interesting. Good to hear. I used to just clean chamber with bore brush each outing. But i use dirty ammo and found carbon build up stoll existed. So after a good scrubbing with oooo wool chambering even better. Hopefully this sight plate will help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts