Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could these two screws being loose cause the bulges in these cases? Had way, way, way too many FTE, FTFD, stovepipes and jams yesterday with ammo that has previously run flawlessly. I’ve run 2000k plus Aguila alone in the last 2 months with barely a hiccup for it to start giving problems all of a sudden. I didn’t notice the loose screws til later while cleaning. Have locktighted them, but it’ll be awhile before I can get to the range. Just looking for thoughts, experience and moral support at this point.
(10k+ rds on gun at present)
Font Cylinder Metal Titanium Lipstick

Hand Automotive lighting Musical instrument Hood Guitar accessory

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Here are the responses from Keltec this morning....

Good Morning Brett,
I spoke with the repair department and they did advise that if those screws were loose then that can cause the issues that you are experiencing. You do seem to have the old style slide cover screws. The technician would like me to ask you if you would be ok sending the firearm in for service so he can get anything that needs to be replaced or updated he can do that for you. How long ago did you purchase the firearm and do you still have a copy of your purchase receipt?
Lynne B

Hello Brett,
I can send you an updated slide cover and screws if you would like. I will include the torque that they would need to be at also. Send me the best mailing address for you and I will get those in the mail to you as soon as possible.
Lynne B
Customer Service

They are shipping out the parts today and I will update as I proceed. Hopefully this is the fix. If not, I'll take them up on their offer and send it in.
Thanks for all the comments to date...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting. Good to hear. I used to just clean chamber with bore brush each outing. But i use dirty ammo and found carbon build up stoll existed. So after a good scrubbing with oooo wool chambering even better. Hopefully this sight plate will help.
I've been using a .243 cal brush after a 5min or so soak with hoppes, then boresnake, then big for caliber qtips til clean. Lite film of oil then dry with another qtip. Been working good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts