Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have seen a few surfacing on Gunbroker. The Modern Sportsman sent me an email they have them in stock for $249.00. I sent him an email telling them no thanks, I'll wait untill the price gets right.
That's pretty much what I did with my KSG. Hell was going to freeze over before I paid a grand for one. I waited it out and scored one that appeared unfired on GB for $500. I'm happy that there are people who will pony up the big$$ just so they can be the first to show it off at the range. It gives me a chance to try it out before pulling the figurative trigger on one for myself.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Ouch!!!! I resemble that remark!

Lol.... I waited for about a year and still paid a little over 600.00 for FDE color.

I happy anyway.

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you want to be one of the first to get it by all means pay the extra. Nothing wrong with that. If you want you fill is a reasonable price, then wait for it. Nothing wrong with that either.

Now if you are of an age that you might croak before the price comes down and you want one than you should probably spring for it now. :)

Pck

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
If you want to be one of the first to get it by all means pay the extra. Nothing wrong with that. If you want you fill is a reasonable price, then wait for it. Nothing wrong with that either.

Now if you are of an age that you might croak before the price comes down and you want one than you should probably spring for it now. :)

Pck
I am also getting up there, but I can wait, did notice Taurus did a TX22 in a non safety model. I never was fond of a manual safety, so that might lower my need for a p17 and get one of them. Do have one with a manual safety.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I am also getting up there, but I can wait, did notice Taurus did a TX22 in a non safety model. I never was fond of a manual safety, so that might lower my need for a p17 and get one of them. Do have one with a manual safety.
I keep eyeing the TX22 but then I come to my senses. I think if they could guarantee that the barrel issue was resolved I might get a TX22.

·
Registered
756 Posts
There's no such thing as "price gouging." There is only what some people ask for a product or service and what other people are willing to pay for it. This used to be called "supply and demand," but soemtimes was called capitalism.

The cool thing about capitalism is that if no one is willing to pay the higher prices then the seller has to drop his price, maybe even eat a loss if he paid high.

And if there IS someone willing to pay that price, who are you to tell them that it's immoral? Have you ever gone to an estate auction and yelled "price gouging!" when the bids exceeded the value of the items? No. Because the buyer is willing to pay that much.

If you want a P17, just plunk your money down and order it then wait, or take your chances on it being in stock when you check the counter.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Couldn't have said it better myself

Here in Tucson we have best gas prices in 3 states, but, our gun prices are out the roof. Its a matter of geography and need. I didn't mind spending $219 otd for my p17-

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't understand all the complaining. As has been stated, we live in a market economy. You don't like the price...don't pay it. If enough people refuse to pay the price, the price will drop. Simple concept. I got mine where I work, asked if I could buy it at regular price, and went home after work about $185 poorer, but very happy. If I had to wait another month or two, so what...I got lots of guns to shoot. It's not like they're going to make 500 and stop.

·
Registered
21 Posts
There's no such thing as "price gouging." There is only what some people ask for a product or service and what other people are willing to pay for it. This used to be called "supply and demand," but soemtimes was called capitalism.

The cool thing about capitalism is that if no one is willing to pay the higher prices then the seller has to drop his price, maybe even eat a loss if he paid high.

And if there IS someone willing to pay that price, who are you to tell them that it's immoral? Have you ever gone to an estate auction and yelled "price gouging!" when the bids exceeded the value of the items? No. Because the buyer is willing to pay that much.

If you want a P17, just plunk your money down and order it then wait, or take your chances on it being in stock when you check the counter.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

I bet you are a Democrat? Ha.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Umm... what?
Confused me as well Kirk.

I can see where someone would call me a Democrat since...

IMO, price gouging is when essential items are sold at obscene profits to people who have no other recourse for no other reason than greed & taking advantage of people in need.

I'm sure my definition is weak & full of holes but it is what it is. ;)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
What I think is sad is Kel-tec made a product affordable for their consumers to be taken advantage of from these sellers. This we have not seen. I too did not get the Democrat comment.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Increased pricing during times of increased demand/reduced supply is not gouging- not for these things.

I always laugh when seeing people react to price hikes during emergencies.

Why not prepare for what is surely going to happen every dang election year, and has happen since 1993

·
Premium Member
4,690 Posts
Confused me as well Kirk.
I think the poor gent may have been confused or didn't read what I actually wrote. My position is 100% different, 180 degree opposite of what most Democrat politicians say about "price gouging."

Or maybe it was a subtle, somewhat sarcastic, joke. He was agreeing with me and making fun of Democrat politicians and I just didn't catch it because there was no non-verbal cues or emojis. :)

I can see where someone would call me a Democrat since...

IMO, price gouging is when essential items are sold at obscene profits to people who have no other recourse for no other reason than greed & taking advantage of people in need.

I'm sure my definition is weak & full of holes but it is what it is. ;)
Yeah, we could argue. I don't think there is such a thing as "price gouging." ...even if it's for something you really, really need. In a lot of ways, I harken back to Smith's "Invisible Hand" though I think I fit in pretty closely with Friedman.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
I have to laugh, A friend of mine in need for some 5.56 ammo, came to me and I sold him 500. Happened to find an invoice in the box an it was purchased in 2007.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think the poor gent may have been confused or didn't read what I actually wrote. My position is 100% different, 180 degree opposite of what most Democrat politicians say about "price gouging."

Or maybe it was a subtle, somewhat sarcastic, joke. He was agreeing with me and making fun of Democrat politicians and I just didn't catch it because there was no non-verbal cues or emojis. :)

Yeah, we could argue. I don't think there is such a thing as "price gouging." ...even if it's for something you really, really need. In a lot of ways, I harken back to Smith's "Invisible Hand" though I think I fit in pretty closely with Friedman.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

It was a joke, you guys need to lighten up.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts