Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a few surfacing on Gunbroker. The Modern Sportsman sent me an email they have them in stock for $249.00. I sent him an email telling them no thanks, I'll wait untill the price gets right.

·
Registered
146 Posts
As I mentioned in other threads, I bought mine 10/29/19. I was the 1st. order, was $174.99 + tax. I think the guns are more available in the east. I'm in AZ, the shop I bought from is one of Davidson's bigger customers, Davidson's west is in Prescott AZ. East is in Greensboro NC. I'm hoping they will send to my GS soon. I would have paid list and was shocked when they said $174.99. I'm getting a little long in the tooth and didn't want to wait 3 years.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As I mentioned in other threads, I bought mine 10/29/19. I was the 1st. order, was $174.99 + tax. I think the guns are more available in the east. I'm in AZ, the shop I bought from is one of Davidson's bigger customers, Davidson's west is in Prescott AZ. East is in Greensboro NC. I'm hoping they will send to my GS soon. I would have paid list and was shocked when they said $174.99. I'm getting a little long in the tooth and didn't want to wait 3 years.
I have seen them advertised as low as $141.99 but out of stock. My gun shop tells me his cost is $141.00. I do not want to pay that so i will hold off the best i can and see how it pays off. If any bugs left they will be worked out by then. Like others I have bought a Taurus TX22 which will help to slow me urge. Called Kel Tec and they said been shipping to wholesalers since December.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have seen them advertised as low as $141.99 but out of stock. My gun shop tells me his cost is $141.00. I do not want to pay that so i will hold off the best i can and see how it pays off. If any bugs left they will be worked out by then. Like others I have bought a Taurus TX22 which will help to slow me urge. Called Kel Tec and they said been shipping to wholesalers since December.
Hopefully by the time the price gets right they will have all the bugs worked out.

·
Premium Member
4,690 Posts
There's no such thing as "price gouging." There is only what some people ask for a product or service and what other people are willing to pay for it. This used to be called "supply and demand," but soemtimes was called capitalism.

The cool thing about capitalism is that if no one is willing to pay the higher prices then the seller has to drop his price, maybe even eat a loss if he paid high.

And if there IS someone willing to pay that price, who are you to tell them that it's immoral? Have you ever gone to an estate auction and yelled "price gouging!" when the bids exceeded the value of the items? No. Because the buyer is willing to pay that much.

If you want a P17, just plunk your money down and order it then wait, or take your chances on it being in stock when you check the counter.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There's no such thing as "price gouging." There is only what some people ask for a product or service and what other people are willing to pay for it. This used to be called "supply and demand," but soemtimes was called capitalism.

The cool thing about capitalism is that if no one is willing to pay the higher prices then the seller has to drop his price, maybe even eat a loss if he paid high.

And if there IS someone willing to pay that price, who are you to tell them that it's immoral? Have you ever gone to an estate auction and yelled "price gouging!" when the bids exceeded the value of the items? No. Because the buyer is willing to pay that much.

If you want a P17, just plunk your money down and order it then wait, or take your chances on it being in stock when you check the counter.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
To me it is especially when they control the supply outlet. Seems like no one else has received any.

·
Registered
257 Posts
People get a little nutty about this stuff. I watched 2 P17 pistols sell for $329 and $350 on Gunbroker. At that price you could be into a buckmark camper, a TX22 with a [email protected]? Ton of ammo, a base model mark IV.

if you wait a few weeks or maybe says, pistols are going to begin arriving at dealers.

they’re just tulip bulbs, they aren’t going to change your life.

·
Registered
64 Posts
A while back Hurricane Michael came through. Many of the roads were blocked, power was out, trees down everywhere.
Despite us knowing about the impending storm for days, lots of folks didn't prepare. There were long lines for gasoline at the few gas stations with generators.. But the law says they couldn't raise the price of their gasoline---that's price gouging and illegal. So guess what happened?
Within a few hours all of the gasoline was sold out. The authorities were on the TV and radio asking people to stop sightseeing and please go back home. The supply was quickly consumed by the touristas because the price was held down.
The common person probably won't buy 20 gallons at $7.00 a gallon for sightseeing, but they will pay that for one gallon to run the chainsaw. Or perhaps the generator if they REALLY want to save their frozen tater tots.
But it didn't matter, because it was all gone.

·
Registered
257 Posts
A while back Hurricane Michael came through. Many of the roads were blocked, power was out, trees down everywhere.
Despite us knowing about the impending storm for days, lots of folks didn't prepare. There were long lines for gasoline at the few gas stations with generators.. But the law says they couldn't raise the price of their gasoline---that's price gouging and illegal. So guess what happened?
Within a few hours all of the gasoline was sold out. The authorities were on the TV and radio asking people to stop sightseeing and please go back home. The supply was quickly consumed by the touristas because the price was held down.
The common person probably won't buy 20 gallons at $7.00 a gallon for sightseeing, but they will pay that for one gallon to run the chainsaw. Or perhaps the generator if they REALLY want to save their frozen tater tots.
But it didn't matter, because it was all gone.
I’m not sure how this applies to the present situation. There isn’t a negative consequence to not getting a P17. Just buy another brand. A TX22 perhaps?

I personally think it is simple supply and demand. There are only 2 online retailers so far that have had them in stock. Preppers gun shop had them at $199.99 and then poof they were gone. Maybe they ARE fixing the pistols that they have already built before shipping them out.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My little anecdote was about market forces, namely supply and demand, being artificially manipulated and the natural results of that manipulation.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I have seen a few surfacing on Gunbroker. The Modern Sportsman sent me an email they have them in stock for $249.00. I sent him an email telling them no thanks, I'll wait until the price gets right.
May be price gouching may not be the term to use. When I am asked what a firearm is worth, my answer is as much as a person will give you for it. Possession can be addictive and expensive. Ask me, I am in the 3%. Actually it took me 2 years here recently to find an Advantage Arms model 422 in 22 mag nickle plated 95% and i paid $1000.00 for it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
May be price gouching may not be the term to use. When I am asked what a firearm is worth, my answer is as much as a person will give you for it. Possession can be addictive and expensive. Ask me, I am in the 3%.
I think it’s more like idiot-buying than gouging. I watch people bid and bid on gunbroker. No one is making them take the price that high. Most of them are starting at .01. Hard to blame the seller.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
No way you can blame the seller on an auction site. He takes the highest bid offered or he does not sell the item. If you don't want to pay the price DON'T BUY IT. If you want to blame someone for the over retail price then blame the person that is responsible. That is the person that will pay the high price. I did that once but have been able to control my wants since then. I did get the gun for a couple of hundred less than most were selling for on Gun Broker at the time. I am enjoying the gun and will let my estate worry about trying to get the money back after I am gone. JMHO :wall::wall::wall: :shtf::shtf::shtf:

Steve

Reactions: Tex Ohfive and FLT

·
Registered
257 Posts
No way you can blame the seller on an auction site. He takes the highest bid offered or he does not sell the item. If you don't want to pay the price DON'T BUY IT. If you want to blame someone for the over retail price then blame the person that is responsible. That is the person that will pay the high price. I did that once but have been able to control my wants since then. I did get the gun for a couple of hundred less than most were selling for on Gun Broker at the time. I am enjoying the gun and will let my estate worry about trying to get the money back after I am gone. JMHO :wall::wall::wall: :shtf::shtf::shtf:

Steve
I’m prepared to change my opinion a little. There is a guy in Gunbroker who has been selling P17 pistols one at a time. He must have gotten these pistols in one order but he is only selling them one at a time which artificially inflates the price.

now, people aren’t forced to bid, but it’s just a [email protected]@y thing for a seller to do.

now maybe the bid prices would get just as high if he posted all his pistols at once, but who is to say.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
PFJ I agree with you about it being an poor way to do business. Some people don't care about how people do there business. I do and I remember them. JMHO :mad::mad::mad:

Reactions: PFjive134

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
PFJ I agree with you about it being an poor way to do business. Some people don't care about how people do there business. I do and I remember them. JMHO :mad::mad::mad:
That was my point, others should have received there order but I see no one selling. Unless Kt had an arrangement with these sellers.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts