Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I ordered one yesterday in od green and it showed 5 left.....maybe try a different color for in stock.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I go the paddle and have no issue with the version they use. I have never seen this specific paddle on another holster but it stays put well and is comfortable. When I first found them they were out of stock but then a few day later it was updated with stock again. I think just give it a few days and you should see more.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I received my forged tec holster today and am very happy with it. great quality. I ordered the belt clip and it works well for me. I was afraid the paddle would hinder access to my right pocket where I carry my cell phone and a blade in the watch pocket. i ordered the od green to match my od green painted slide
IMG_3051.JPG
IMG_3052.JPG
IMG_3053.JPG

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just got one of these Kydex paddle holsters and I really like it. There is a nice positive snap of the gun fitting the holster, but not to difficult to pull out. You can adjust the tension with a screw. I ordered the right handed version but then dried matching holes on the other side and can move the screws and paddle over for left hand carry if I want.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/790444007/kel-tec-p-17-kydex-outside-the-waistband?ref=cart
I ordered one of these last month and I just got around to checking the fitment. It is a perfect fit. Very impressed and I’m gonna order one for the PMR

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,861 Posts
Just an FYI on the ForgeTech Kydex paddle holster. They got really busy (Who isn't in the gun industry right now) and shutdown their Etsy shop temporarily. They are still taking orders on their websight but are backlogged 1-2 weeks on orders placed there.
https://www.forgedtecholsters.com/store/p100/Kydex_Outside_the_Waistband_Holster.html#/
A 1-2 week "backlog" is no backlog at all. I ordered components for handloading almost a month ago now and they still haven't shipped. They're reporting that, as of today, they're shipping orders for orders made two weeks before I placed mine. That's a backlog.

I'm used to custom and semi-custom order fulfillment taking several weeks. 1-2 weeks is nothing. :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
12 Posts
All about perspective I guess, They used to ship out next day after your order, so compared to how it was there is a slight backlog, but ya compared to some of the other firearms components it's not bad at all. I heads a major Primer distributor is backlogged 50 million Small Pistol Primers.

·
Premium Member
4,861 Posts
and now ForgeTech is not taking orders maybe the 14th or as late as the 16th of oct...
Soooo.... today? Or maybe by the end of the week?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
4,861 Posts
I went ahead and ordered one today. It'll take a week or two. I intend it as a gift for my father.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi all, new to the forum. Just picked up a P17 to include in my backpacking kit, and I'm starting research on a holster for that use case. This is one of many seeds I'm planting in various places to see what folks might suggest.

My requirements are light weight (this is a must; 5oz max with the caveat that I could go for a minimal thigh holster that's a bit heavier if it doesn't hinder movement), sturdy for moderate to heavy outdoor use, owb (but convertible to iwb would be neat), and ideally with some kind of retention mechanism if it doesn't break the weight requirement and isn't prone to complications from the elements.

I'm not picky about material, so long as it's sturdy; and I'm not picky about fitment so long as it stays where I put it.

Thanks in advance and I'm looking forward to getting to know the folks on this forum.

·
Premium Member
4,861 Posts
I went ahead and ordered one today. It'll take a week or two. I intend it as a gift for my father.
The holster came in on Friday. I ordered the "Combat Loop" and was glad I did. I like the way it connects to the belt. The fit of the holster to the pistol was a tad loose but it has two screws to tighten it to fit. I fitted it to my P17 and tested it a little bit. I like it.

I went ahead and gifted it to my father on Sunday. I'll be buying one for myself soon.

Now to find a magazine holster. :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all, new to the forum. Just picked up a P17 to include in my backpacking kit, and I'm starting research on a holster for that use case. This is one of many seeds I'm planting in various places to see what folks might suggest.

My requirements are light weight (this is a must; 5oz max with the caveat that I could go for a minimal thigh holster that's a bit heavier if it doesn't hinder movement), sturdy for moderate to heavy outdoor use, owb (but convertible to iwb would be neat), and ideally with some kind of retention mechanism if it doesn't break the weight requirement and isn't prone to complications from the elements.

I'm not picky about material, so long as it's sturdy; and I'm not picky about fitment so long as it stays where I put it.

Thanks in advance and I'm looking forward to getting to know the folks on this forum.
The ForgedTec holster is a good fit, has adjustable retention, and the "combat loop" belt attachment is very secure. With the combat loop its 4.2oz,and the paddle is probably a tad less.

The only issue I can see would be for concealment: the holster is pretty far past the end of the barrel, but that may be to shroud the 1/2-28 thread adapter when fitted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
View attachment 47908 I found that Sig P365 holsters work. Bought a Houston soft leather IWB holster of Florida from Ebay and it worked great. Also a Remora pocket holster.
Thank you for the suggestion, @Ken_W ! I wanted a deeper fit, so I contacted the Houston seller and he suggested the G19/S&W M&P 22 model, so I bought that. It seems well-made and it fits exactly like I hoped. The spring waistband retention is pretty nice as well.

41 - 60 of 88 Posts