Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
After 1000+- rounds mine got a bit jammy with a couple of brands. Guess I should clean it.
Gotta say my Buckmark usually goes 3000 - 5000 before it need a cleaning. ;-)
Did you add a zero? After owning several dozen different manufacturers, from hi-standard model B's through Model 41s I've never had a 22lr be able to go even 1000 rounds without being "gummy"

My most reliable suppressor host to date only gets around 500 rounds unsurpressed and maybe half that suppressed-

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
I called, and they said they don't carry firearms there.
Im sorry its the Field and Stream store that is part of the Dicks

18650 Gulf Freeway
Friendswood, TX 77546
832-415-1934
I'd build a slingshot from medical tubing before I bought anything from Dicks or F&S. When I have a choice, I refuse to support companies so blatantly working against human rights.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
95 Posts
Found one. Then, when I went to post the link, it now says out of stock. Got it for $250, $12 shipping, and I'll have to pay my FFL $35.

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Found one. Then, when I went to post the link, it now says out of stock. Got it for $250, $12 shipping, and I'll have to pay my FFL $35.
So $300 for a $200 gun? Ouch. Sorry, friend.

OTOH, it punches WAY above its weight class. Frankly, I believe it to be superior to the Ruger SR22, which I paid around $275 for several years back, ims. In fact, if Ruger isn't furiously prototyping a competitor to the P17 and the TX22, they're missing out. Probably too late already, but still...

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Reactions: painkillerAZ

·
Registered
95 Posts

OTOH, it punches WAY above its weight class. Frankly, I believe it to be superior to the Ruger SR22, which I paid around $275 for several years back, ims. In fact, if Ruger isn't furiously prototyping a competitor to the P17 and the TX22, they're missing out. Probably too late already, but still...

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
I got my last one for MSRP and had all the other charges. The extra over MSRP is only $50. The shipping and FFL are the same. In fact, many places charge more than $12 to ship. I'm happy to spend the extra $50 right now to have it as a backup.

In my dream world, I'd get one locally for $169 with no shipping and no FFL fee, but that's not happening right now. The laws of supply and demand are working. I've been watching P17 web changes daily for months, and this is the best deal I could find in stock. (There were some really good deals out of stock, with no ETA on delivery, but what good are those.)

P17's are going for $350+, even used, on the auction sites, with $30 shipping (mine was only $12) plus 3% for credit card, and I'd still have to pay the FFL, bringing it to $425+. That was too much for me.

An extra 50? I don't like it, but I can live with it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've had my eye out for one since the announcement, and this past Saturday Buds had one listed at the TN store an hour and a half from where I live now. Made a range day of it. It's Kel Tec's tan (which I think is more of a desert green), and was $249 on the shelf. Wish they would have had two.

15 mags through it right out of the box and I love it. It's my first 22 pistol and I'm glad I waited for it. Once I get another, one of them is going dedicated in my backpacking gear.

Not sure if I just got lucky or if seeing one on the shelf is an indication of supply coming up a bit.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Mine new one is tan, too. That was all that was available.

Maybe Kel-tec is making them again. Somebody posted Kel-Tec tools up to make one model at a time, then retools for another model, which would explain the long time shortages of various models.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just bought one at my LGS. They called me knowing I was interested in getting one. Price was $205 plus transfer fee and tax. Out the door for $232. It's Desert Tan, but I didn't care which color, although I think the green is kinda yucky.

·
Registered
756 Posts

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

I absolutely agree, my daughters first 22 was a ruger sr22, I spent 400+ on the gun, and another 200+ getting it matched color wise with a special paint job and an engraved skull and cross bones hello kitty on slide-

She wants the p17 instead, she says its easier to shoot and it has been vastly more reliable

·
Registered
12 Posts
Keep checking out www.sportsmans.com they had them in stock the other day $169.99 they are now showing temporally sold out but they do get them in every so often.

just got my confirmation should be able to pick it at the end of the week at their Pa store.

Product Total$169.99

Shipping:FREE
Tax:$10.20
ORDER TOTAL$180.19

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have been waiting since March and my lgs got one in 3 weeks 3 and I bought it for $209. I stopped by last week looking for mags. They didn't have any, but they had another P17 in. Saturday I stopped by and decided to buy it. This one was $219. Both are the green.

I find the p17 is easy to shoot and has surprising mild recoil. Everyone I have let handle it, comments on how light it is. I have found it to be very reliable with standard and hi velocity ammo. I even loaded a mag with the mixed junk ammo in the bottom of the 22 ammo box and they worked fine.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Looks like all three Buds Gun Shop stores have the green version in stock as of this post. No price or quantity listed though.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts