Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here... I own several Kel-tec guns but am on the search for a P17 but appears they have not been available for sometime now. Why the lack of inventory and any word when more will be available?

·
Premium Member
4,675 Posts
New here... I own several Kel-tec guns but am on the search for a P17 but appears they have not been available for sometime now. Why the lack of inventory and any word when more will be available?
Why the lack of inventory? Because KelTec makes popular guns that everyone wants and never seems to make enough of them to fill every demand instantly. Further, you may have noticed that there has been a great deal of civil unrest and uncertainty driving up purchasing in the firearms market. That, by default, decreases availability.

When will it be available? I don't know, did you place an order for one? That's what I had to do.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

Reactions: Liberty4Ever

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand they make popular guns and what’s going in the world, but with that said they haven’t been available for around 6 months now anywhere online or in store. I can’t think of a single other kel tec product that is like that. So to me it seems like production maybe has been lowered in favor of other models.

no I haven’t placed an order I just started looking but I will look into that.

·
Super Moderator
9,949 Posts
I'd like to have one too. I haven't been beating the bushes for a P17. I'll wait.

They won't be any easier to find after Eric's video today.

·
Registered
907 Posts
You and me both. I did same. Picked one up early now eating for another. I just keep putting my name on various sites to be notified.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I almost got a phoenix as part of a package deal. Even though it's a little smaller, it weighs almost 2x as much, only holds 60% as much ammo, and it's pot metal.

I've looked at lots of small guns. Some are smaller than the P17, but few are lighter, none hold more rounds, and only the TX22 comes close in specs.

For a small gun, I still like the P17 best.

·
Premium Member
4,675 Posts
I understand they make popular guns and what’s going in the world, but with that said they haven’t been available for around 6 months now anywhere online or in store. I can’t think of a single other kel tec product that is like that.
Pretty much all of them. The PRM30 and the KSG were both particularly notable for this. Go back in the archives here and look at people pissing and moaning about lack of PRM30 availability.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
4 Posts
They are online if you are willing to pay a big markup. I got mine in July, paid a little too much for it, but I love taking it to the range.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got one 3 months ago and love it. Got a lgs here that can get most anything in good time it seems. Took a week from when I asked him for 1... guess 50 some years in the business gets one some priority lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’ve had one on order for a month, direct from one of their distributors, but was cautioned that they manufacture by model, by batch. When they finish running a particular model they essentially retool and restart, say P17. Ironically I dropped them a note about it last night. Second painful irony is k-tec is literally minutes from home. Getting ready to go dumpster-dive...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I read about them, and then saw the reviews and decided to pass. Walked into the shop one day and saw one in the case. Grabbed it, put it away, and didn't even think to take the employee discount. That would have been insulting. Haven't seen another since!
I'm wicked smaht!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Have been waiting for months and finally my lgs got it in today. Made the 60 mile drive to finally get to see and handle one. Paid my money and now have to wait for nics and drive back up again. NICs is taking 2-3 days here now.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Picked my p17 up Saturday. It's green in color. Took it out and fired 3 mags through it. Fired a couple more mags on Sunday. I like it, light, fits in my hand surprising well, good sights and a very nice trigger. Impressive gun for the money. Looking forward to shooting it more.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
After 1000+- rounds mine got a bit jammy with a couple of brands. Guess I should clean it.
Gotta say my Buckmark usually goes 3000 - 5000 before it need a cleaning. ;-)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts