Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Check this out!!!! 200.00!!!!

Have you put the gun in the cart and gone on to checkout?
They accept payment by Zelle, PayPal, ApplePay, or CashApp.
They ask for the billing information but make no mention of a shipping address or an FLL.

I found many such sites while looking for a Walther P22Q.
I could be wrong, but it looks real sketchy. I don't trust these people.

Addendum: I placed a bogus order, and straight away there is no way of checking on the order, no way to login. I pity the fool that enters actual payment info.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Have you put the gun in the cart and gone on to checkout?
They accept payment by Zelle, PayPal, ApplePay, or CashApp.
They ask for the billing information but make no mention of a shipping address or an FLL.

I found many such sites while looking for a Walther P22Q.
I could be wrong, but it looks real sketchy. I don't trust these people.

Addendum: I placed a bogus order, and straight away there is no way of checking on the order, no way to login. I pity the fool that enters actual payment info.
Well dam sorry fellas. I didnt do my due dilligence.
I hate these kind of web pages.

My bad. I will do better next time

·
Registered
85 Posts
You cannot buy a car for under
Well dam sorry fellas. I didnt do my due dilligence.
I hate these kind of web pages.

My bad. I will do better next time
They make gun stores and gun shows for a reason. Visit one.🙆🏽‍♂️

·
Registered
3 Posts
Even KelTec on their own website does not suggest this gun is worth more than $199-
Well, I'm having trouble finding it at that price.

$249 - $299 I'm seeing if it's in stock.

I'm not one of thoe supply and demand fools. I will not pay a penny more than MSRP.
Especially when I know that the distributors are buying them up for a hefty discount below MSRP.

Does anyone know how to email Kel Tec? Do they have a factory store onsite in Cocoa FL?
Is anyone selling these guns that isn't a pig? Any dark color will do.

BTW: Am I the only one who thinks the barrel is too long? For CCW, it'd be nice to have a barrel that is 3.5" or less.
$50 extra can buy you a lot of cheap fun. What if MSRP goes up to $300 due to manufacturing supply price increases?
Sell something to make up the extra $50.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Finally got one. Wasn’t thinking about getting one until I saw them in stock at KYGUNCO.
I somehow paid $199 at the store, with a special I was not aware of. However, they’re still in stock online at $209.

Can’t wait to shoot it!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Your the first i have heard that actually paid MSRP!!! Sweet!
Read some of the threads first. That way you can set yourself up for a great experience.
I just went through 10 mags thunderbolt, Automatch, velocitor and punch. Perfect function accurate and a whole lot of fun!!

Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I paid $199 last year just by having a good relationship with my favorite lgs owner. Walked in one day, and he knew I was a Kel-Tec fanboy, and he said "Haven't you been looking for a P17?". I don't think I had ever mentioned it to him, but I asked how much and when he said $199, I said that sure I had been looking for one (lol) and I bought it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have two p17's, a black one, and a tan one. I bought the tan one at my local gun store, went in at lunch time just killing time and they had it,
I paid $209 plus tax. The black one I bought from a friend that has an ffl. He found it and ordered it. I got it for $215 out the door. He has been
looking for an od green one, but no luck. The od green seems very hard to find. I am running a sig romeo zero on both of mine. They shoot
very nice and very accurate. With the red dot, they seem to get a little picky on ammo, more so when they get dirty.

·
Registered
162 Posts
When the P17 first came out in the late fall of 2019 the MSRP was $189.99. Apparently there was a quality control issue with them so they weren't really released until Jan of 2020. Just as the covid thing was starting to show up.

I saw an ad from Sportsmans Warehouse (SW) in late January for $169.99. Order online, pick up at your local store. I ordered one and picked it up the first week of February. The store had 4 more in stock at the time.

I took mine home and shot it. I liked it some much I tried to buy another one. Store was sold out and none were to be had anywhere else. I got on their notify list. By this time covid was becoming an issue. In late March I was notified they were back. I ordered and picked up another (same price) the first week of April.

Occasionally ran across one online at highly inflated prices but they've been pretty scarce. I was just notified this past weekned that SW had the green one in stock for $249.99. They are now asking $229.99 for the black one now but none in stock. I really do like them and I would buy another one at $189.99 but I don't need another one that bad for $50 more.

·
Registered
725 Posts
think a p17 is hard to find? try to find a taurus 942 3" revolver in 22lr. I spotted it's precursor. the 94 M, 2" almost new In box at a gun show private sale and got it for $375. has much better sights than the 942. 9 shot instead of 8, and deep flawless bluing instead of flat black.
Now I wait for the metal frame P15 to get into the channel and my lgs

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had been trying to find a P17 to look at in a store near me but alas there were none. And, as it turned out, there were none on line at legitimate web stores or grab-a-gun either except gunbroker for $300 to $400 plus shipping, transfer fee, and possibly a 3% CC charge on top of the "won the auction" price - and I didn't really need another gun anyway. Then last Friday, day after Thanksgiving, we were out and about and I asked hubby if he would mind doing the rounds of the LGS. Lo and behold, one local shop had two P17's - for $230 plus our usurious state sales tax and mandatory $10 background check. Both were green. I think the OD green is a "guy thing" because to me it is horrendously ugly. But I came home with it.

It shoots! That's what counts.

It just so happens that it fits in a left handed Vedder light tuck holster that I had for a BersaBP380cc that I sold a while ago, and that is very nice. It will be only for range use but in decent weather we do SD drills outside and that requires a good holster. (I am right handed but shoot left handed due to physical issues.)

Today I got a .22 Uplula, after the kind members here showed me how to modify it to work with the P17. All is well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Better hurry. I have bought from GunPrime and had a very good experience, bought my first CMR30 there for $399 in 2018 (the P17 is $199 at this link):

I ordered the $219 one from kygunco this morning. But it had free shipping, and GunPrime charges $25 to ship, so I did just fine.

Now I'm waiting for a 'shipped' email notice to see if they actually did have "mine" in stock when I ordered it. However many kygunco had at the beginning of this morning, they sure sold out in a hurry. If I'm meant to have it it will come.

It is very nice to know there are still some places where you can find one that is not at a rip-off price.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts