Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
32,246 Posts
Contact KT and/or send it in. Lifetime warranty will have it rebuilt. I'm curious. Got a round count or estimate?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been thinking about that. At only 200 per year it's over 4000. I've shot it at least that. Probably between 6000 and 7000. Had nightmares for a while where it would fail. Never did but I shot it a good deal more that year. For those that consider G26, I purchased one last week, gen 4. (Too good of a deal to pass up) I want my P11. So much easier to conceal, lighter to carry, more comfortable to carry. The trigger is manageable! Mine is 20+ yrs old, 10 lb. Trust my life on it, she just needs some lovin.

·
Administrator
32,246 Posts
Kel-tec has given a figure of a 6000 round life expectancy. If you send it in with a note saying you wore it out, I think you'll be pleased with what comes back.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought a new P-11 with a stainless slide in February of 1999. About a week ago while at the range I began having failures to fire with light strikes, then the slide jammed forward. When I got it home I found a crack in the slide at the left front corner of the ejection port. The gun had 3000 rounds of standard pressure ammo through it.

I sent the gun back to Kel-Tec Monday. I'm waiting to see what they do with it.

John W in SC

·
Administrator
32,246 Posts
Yeah, the stainless slides were made for a fairly short time, mid 90s. Cracks were not uncommon. You will likely get it back with a new, not stainless, slide. Hopefully you'll get an upgraded finish. They have replaced their hard chrome finish with nickel boron, or something. That is probably what you want. Maybe call and let them know.

·
Registered
67 Posts
the frame should wear out before the slide does. just make sure to grease the rails. I have not seen to many keltec slide wear out. They are pretty tough other than the stainless guns. P40 is a whole nother story.

·
Registered
106 Posts
As noted on their website, the lifetime warranty is only for the original purchaser, so be prepared to have your 20+ year old sales receipt available if you plan to send it in for service. I wanted to see about getting a broken magazine catch replaced on my P11, and the service department said since I had bought mine used, they couldn't send a replacement free of charge. It's only a $1.50 item though, so I just waited until I could buy a couple things from them at the same time to make the shipping fee worthwhile.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.