Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up some SS S&W 4006 mags for my P-40s. I'm really not a fan of extended magazines, but they do give me 11 rounds, feel good, provide a better grip, and don't look too bad with KelTec P-043 Magazine Extension sleeves installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
562 Posts
Agree. I have a couple myself.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I carry 15 round mags for my P11 as backups and thought I would love the sleeves but because of my grip and finger size one of my fingers lays on the gap. It pinches me on a regular basis. I don't use the sleeves anymore.

ETA: CDNN has used 4006 mags on sale right now for $11 if I remember correctly.

ETAA: The mags at CDNN are used and they are $15

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I carry 15 round mags for my P11 as backups and thought I would love the sleeves but because of my grip and finger size one of my fingers lays on the gap. It pinches me on a regular basis. I don't use the sleeves anymore.

ETA: CDNN has used 4006 mags on sale right now for $11 if I remember correctly.

ETAA: The mags at CDNN are used and they are $15
The only gap is on the side of the grip directly in line with a finger bump on the P-40. No easy way to get a finger in there. CDNN prices are currently $14.95 for the 4006 mags.

·
Registered
886 Posts
On my gun with Mecgar 15 round 59 series mags there is a small gap on the front strap. This is where I get pinched. I bought my gun used and I don't know if the grip was modified before I got it. It does not look like it has though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
what mags will fit flush in one of these other than mec-gar ktp40? i have some 4006 mags that work flawlessly but would like one that fits flush to carry. I got this gun in pieces w/o frame and put the slide assy on my p11 and it did not have a mag at all. I have heard of a S&W "shorty 40" but not finding these for sale.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Howdy:

Anyone have a source for new / NIB / new old stock factory KT P-40 magazines of the second run (those with the proper lip geometry)?

I just re-furbished my KT P-40 with new springs (all save mainspring) and it has had the slide nickel plated. Just got back from function-testing and it shoots grand for a P-40. Meaning, it is plenty accurate but still kicks like a mule and has a trigger pull that goes on & on, but allows a shooter to stage it and do alright. The (now-dim) PT night sights make it easier, too. I love the Magtech 165gr flat-nose nylon-jacketed ammo for practice fodder. Cycles slick and is reliable.

If I include it in the carry rotation, I want another factory mag to carry as a reload. If I can't find one, I will sell it and put the proceeds to a Ruger LCR for my wife.

·
Registered
840 Posts
you can look on ebay. Kinda pricy but if you want one they have them. found my 2 at a local gun show. so now I have total of 4 for my 2 p40s. I have been looking for more +1 mag extensions. I really like them better then the finger extension ones.

Every time Im at the range with my p40's I always get asked what am I shooting that is really loud. They are surprised by how small they are and how many rounds they hold. They are a beast to shoot but I can handle the recoil.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got my grip sleeves today and i like the feel. I'll see what difference it makes shooting next weekend. It will definitely not be carried like that though!! I put 2 on the 4006 mags and the third went on a 17rd 9mm Ramline 9117. I think that it is totally amazing that something that size can hold 17 + 1!! If i could find another frame I could quit switching the slide :) Thinking about getting out the file and the micrometer and modifying a 30rd pro mag just for fun time shooting!

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.