P-3AT Threaded Barrel???

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by AK-MAN47, Nov 7, 2008.

1. AK-MAN47

AK-MAN47 New Member

Nov 7, 2008
    Does anyone know where I could find a Threaded Barrel for a P-3AT? I have looked everywhere on the net and couldn't find one.

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    this guy can make one, if the $ is right
    http://www.innovativearms.com/

I think the question then becomes, how much weight ( force) will the paper thin barrel take :-/ and just imagine how shallow the threads would be.

3. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    Welcome, AK-Man. I'm not sure if ANYONE makes ANY barrels for the P3AT...of any kind. Either threaded or not. KelTec is your only hope, and they do not make threaded barrels.

Rick

4. rcmodel

rcmodel New Member

Feb 6, 2005
    Eastern Kansas
    The P3AT is teetering on the bleeding foreskin of reliability already, due to it's size to power ratio.

IMO: Hanging a suppressor on the end of one would almost certainly guarantee it wouldn't function!

rcmodel

5. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Excellant  ;D

6. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    ;D Now, that's funny. And so true.

Rick

7. AK-MAN47

AK-MAN47 New Member

Nov 7, 2008
    I would need a barrel with the bushing built in and an extension on it, so the threads would be deeper. I imagine, since it is a browning action, I would also need a recoil booster for the suppressor. Anyway, thank you all for replying. Any advice I can get is good advice in my book.

8. Travelair

Travelair New Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    The barrel on the P3AT moves during the cycling of the action.  Anything placed on the end of the barrel will hinder the operation of the pistol.  What you need is a pistol with a fixed barrel, such as a Walther PP/PPK/PPKs or a Sig P230/P232.  On these pistols, the weight of the suppressor does not affect the recoil action.    

9. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    So you'd also need what is commonly referred to as a LID or a LCD (Nielsen Device).

10. I usually use a real big pillow, and make sure the TV is up real loud.

The pillow also keeps the back splatter to a minimum. :eek:

11. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    VR doesn't like pillow talk ... ;)

12. AK-MAN47

AK-MAN47 New Member

Nov 7, 2008
    I usually use a real big pillow, and make sure the TV is up real loud.

The pillow also keeps the back splatter to a minimum.

How did I know that my question would be answered by some pre-pubescent kid that has never even shot a real gun?

13. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    grow up. get real. fill out the forms. play by the rules. come back when you want a real answer to a real question.

14. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    #1 You have no clue what you're talking about.

#2 Showing up as a noob on a forum with a troll question and responding to a joke with a personal attack speaks volumes more about your lack of character and takes much more away from your credibility than any harm you ever hoped it might inflict on the reputation of NAS for his joke. Not a good way to win friends and influence people in a new forum.

#3 You have obviously raised the hackles of VRJ, *really* not smart at all.

Personally, I was willing to entertain the folly you set out to pursue simply to see what you ended up with, even offered the bit about the Nielsen Device for the tip up barrel. But, after the personal attack on NAS for a harmless (and mildly amusing) joke I'm behind VR on this one.

15. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    should this post just disappear?

16. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    Sorry, I got carried away. I guess I helped push it to the edge of lockdown.

The topic is pretty much worthless on its own. AKman may redeem himself if it's left open, other than that there's nothing to see here.

Let me know if you want me to delete my rant post or feel free to delete it if you want.

17. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    The original poster's question was far fetched, but who knows what an ideal and enought money can come up with

I agree with you, I wanted to see where this could lead.  And like you also said, there was be an injection of humor and realism.

But the the posters respose to this was un called for.  I was thinking if he wants to make minds and join the group, he could try again and we just forget this every happened

BTW, thanks for the referance to the recoil booster.  I learn something all the time here

And your reply
    was to the point and better than what I could say ;)

18. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    I stole most of what I know about suppressors from here.

http://www.silencerresearch.com/

It's a great resource and there are some pretty good guys on the forum there as well.

John, who owns that site, has a zero tolerance policy for BS in addition to a wealth of information about silencers. There are also many industry professionals from SWR, AAC, GemTech, YHM and others who frequent that site.

If you get serious about buying a suppressor the $30 for the premium access could keep you from making a $500-$1000 mistake.

19. Mods-

Please do not delete the thread or the OP.  As a

I am laughing so hard I peed in my Spider Man pull-ups!

Can I post a pic of my REAL GUN?  I bet it is bigger than his!  :p

Ease up AK-MAN....  this board can be a lot of fun while educational to boot.  

20. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    Spiderman is cool. ;D