P-3AT Slide Finish?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Old_Bill, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Old_Bill

Old_Bill New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    I hate to admit this but I'm confused as to what kind of finish the slide on my P-3AT might have! :-/

When I bought the gun I was told over the phone that the store had two parkerized .380's in stock. One gray and one green. I said I'd take the gray one. :)

Later, when some question about the finish came to my mind, i called the store and the salesman said he wasn't sire.

Anyway, here are some photos of my gun. Can anyone tell whether I have the standard blue finish or something else?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks,

Old Bill

2. Bobo

Bobo Well-Known Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    I'm 99% sure the gun you show is not Parkerized for two reasons...
    1) The parkerized slides are not shiney, more of a matte finish, and in some light look very dark gray rather than black.
    2) The parkerized slides also come with a Parkerized (black) barrel.
    See below:

[​IMG]

3. Old_Bill

Old_Bill New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Thanks Bobo! That's what i was thinking, but, the black finish on my slide is so much darker than any blue finish on any of my other guns, I wasn't sure.

Old Bill

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Sometimes KT bluing looks very black. The parkerizing is more of a grayish color and not as dark. Pics can be deceiving, but it sure looks blued to me.

5. Old_Bill

Old_Bill New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Thanks TxCajun for the reply! I really don't care either way...whether or not it's parkerized or not...the blue finish looks very good to me.

Old Bill

6. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    I second (third?) the blue. To me the giveaway was the shiny barrel. But check your box, the Park'd ones say so on the box.

-Scott

7. Old_Bill

Old_Bill New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    My goodness Scott, you really expect me to understand what is written on my gun's box? ::)

Maybe with your help...the Part Number reads KEL P3ATGY. The Serial Number JS673, and then the Log Number: TG 1646

I would guess the GY after the P3AT means something....like GOOD YEAR?? ;D

What do you think??

Old Bill

8. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    There should be a white sticker on one side of the box that shows the finish and grip color. ;)

9. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    Was it NIB or used, it could be cera coated :-/ ( I had to come up with something different to add to the confusion ::))

10. Old_Bill

Old_Bill New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Pshaw! You guys just wouldn't quit, would you,  until you showed how STUPID I am! :eek: :eek:

I hate to think how many times I've looked at that dang box...and never looked at either end! :-[

Sure enough...clear as rain..the white sticker states "BLUED/GRAY GRIP"!!

Oh well! Sigh! ::) ::)

Seriously...thanks TxCajun, and to all that replied...even Burly, who must know I haven't the foggiest idea what cera coating might be! ;D

Thanks again,

Old Bill

11. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Scott gets the credit.  While I knew that sticker was there, I didn't think to look at the box until he mentioned it.  Duh...  :-? Plus some folks buy them used and don't get the box.

Then I looked at an old white cardboard KT box, and the new plastic one I have.  They both had the sticker.

12. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    Here is one link there are others that do it too.
    http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1094751001/0

13. RCACFBilly

RCACFBilly New Member

Mar 29, 2008
    I didn't know mine was Parked when I bought it. I was looking at the box one day and saw that it was. I had to Google Parked to even know what it was.

I am really tired of seeing "You are not allowed to access this section." when I click on one of your links.

Although I have been reading this forum for four months, I have only 17 posts.

Billy

14. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I can think of at least a couple of fixes for that. Complaining is definately not one.

15. RCACFBilly

RCACFBilly New Member

Mar 29, 2008
    I wasn't really complaining, more thinking out loud so to speak. Since I am new to these forums, I have tried to post only when I had something to add that I thought someone actually might want read. I could "+1" several posts to get my number up but do you really think that is right?

I am getting pretty close either way.

Billy

16. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas

See!  You are already implementing the 1st "fix" I had in mind.  No, I do not advocate a string of +1s as that tells us nothing about a poster, except that he is trying to circumvent the rules, which is obviously not very flattering.  Your posts (I reviewed them), on the other hand, demonstrate integrity and credibility.  You're getting there - only a few more.  ;)

17. Old_Bill

Old_Bill New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Here is one link there are others that do it too.
    http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1094751001/0[/quote]

Thanks Burley! Please note that this time I spelled "Burley" correctly!

The cera coatings look very nice. Maybe someday....when my wife increases my allowance! ::) ::)

Old Bill