P-3AT Shortage?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Texas_Red, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Texas_Red

Texas_Red New Member

Aug 5, 2008
    None of my local gun dealers has one in stock, nor do they expect any in the near future. Online dealers seem to be out, too.

Any word from KT on what's going on?

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    It's Obamamania.  This too shall pass.

There are a few on:

http://www.gunbroker.com/

Better yet, these guys are on the coast SW of Houston and will ship to your local FFL.  I have done business with them several times.  They are good folks and likely have P3ATs.  They always have a few at the gun shows and I think their shop inventory is pretty deep.

Give them a call:
    http://www.ajcsportshop.com/

3. bro61

bro61 New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    [quote author=TxCajun link=1232414151/0#1 date=1232418448]It's Obamamania.  This too shall pass.

Obama, Pelosi, Reed, mania. Not so sure it will pass anytime soon. Gun shortages may get worse when they start proposing their anti gun agenda. We all know that is just a matter of time.

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Assumming they don't start tomorrow, I think we may get a break sometime before the SHTF and after the hyesteria passes.  Even then, I expect they will mostly go after the evil "assault weapons" that terrify them so.  Hopefully our cute little pocket pals will be ok.  :)  

5. bro61

bro61 New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    No doubt they will start with the evil black rifles. I firmly believe however that some of our representatives and some Americans who elected them would like to see a totally unarmed society.

6. tweed

tweed New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I personally think they/he will be to busy with world issues a brewin
    to worry about gun banning. got to say one thing about obama.
    he is a hell of a gun salesman ;)

just think tomorrow is "the end of the world as we no it" i am just glad
    i got my p3at from a private sale and the seller doesnt know me.

7. sniper7369

sniper7369 New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Williston, FL
    There is a BAD shortage of P-3AT's up here. Lot's of P-11's and PF-9's, but that's it. >:(

8. Texas_Red

Texas_Red New Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Just checked their new, updated web page and they're out. But thanks for the link.

9. Bodean

Bodean New Member

Dec 17, 2008
    just picked up mine yesterday, gun shop said they have a waiting list of 30 people looking for them here in southwest pa,

10. Rich62643

Rich62643 New Member

Sep 5, 2006

Waiting list at gun shop in Jax for P3AT and LCP. Couple P32's on shelve.

11. Glasstream15

Glasstream15 New Member

Nov 10, 2008
    I was in my LGS yesterday and I have never seen his shelves so bare. He did have one P32 but said they are not even taking orders for P3ATs or PF9s. I asked about a Sub 2K and he just laughed. :-/

12. cherry911

cherry911 New Member

Jan 12, 2009
    All the local shops by me in NY had long lists for the p3at and LCP. I lucked out in one and got LNIB for a steal.

13. WyoShooter

WyoShooter New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    I had been haunting local dealers for the past couple of months looking for a P-3AT and have all of them doing a "watch list" for me to order one if they spot one at their distributors.  Nada.

So about three weeks ago I ran over to Cheyenne to check the shops there, not having much hope I'd find anything there either.  The second shop I went to had a new LCP with the higher serial number (371) that was past the trigger recall mod.  It was so small and cute and much more pocketable than my P11, so I broke down and bought it.  Feeling pretty pleased with myself, I went to the next shop on my list and there was a brand new P-3AT.  I bought that one too, just to keep my P11's company.

Keep looking.  It's just the luck of the draw I guess.

Ed

14. TucsonMTB

TucsonMTB New Member

Sep 24, 2006
    Tucson Arizona
    Good score, WyoShooter!  My LCP just came back from the Ruger recall.  It now sports a blued steel magazine catch!  I'm guessing that is now standard.  :cool:

My P-3AT still seems to work better and shoots closer to point of aim.  At 7 yards the LCP shoots an inch or two low, not that the difference would save a bad guy, mind you.  ::)

15. WyoShooter

WyoShooter New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Well, mine is pretty new.  The date on the sealed envelope with the factory fired brass is 15 Dec 08, but I'm not sure about the magazine catch.  It looks and feels like blued metal, but a magnet is not attracted to it so it's not steel.  Unless it's a non-ferrous metal like aluminum, then it must be a polymer, like the grip.

Ed

16. pedro

pedro New Member

May 28, 2008
    Well, mine is pretty new.  The date on the sealed envelope with the factory fired brass is 15 Dec 08, but I'm not sure about the magazine catch.  It looks and feels like blued metal, but a magnet is not attracted to it so it's not steel.  Unless it's a non-ferrous metal like aluminum, then it must be a polymer, like the grip.

Ed[/quote]

Are you talking about a metal mag catch on a P3AT? or one on the little copied pistol? if P3AT, i'd like to see a picture of it.

17. TucsonMTB

TucsonMTB New Member

Sep 24, 2006
    Tucson Arizona
    Mine attracts a refridgerator magnet.   :D

But, if yours is working well, just be a little careful inserting magazines and it should be fine.

18. TucsonMTB

TucsonMTB New Member

Sep 24, 2006
    Tucson Arizona
    I have a Beach metal catch in my P-3AT, but we are talking about the factory part in the returned Ruger LCP.  Once they are readily available, which may be a while, I may order one to see if it can be fitted to my wife's P-3AT which still has the standard plastic catch.  Or, we might get lucky and see a metal catch from Kel-Tec for the P-3AT.  After all, they have started using a metal catch in the PF-9.

19. Pistol_Packin_Pete

Pistol_Packin_Pete New Member

Dec 27, 2008
    I went to a show today here in Atlanta. I saw ONE p-32. That's it. Not a single P3AT. And they wanted $319 for the P-32.

20. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    I have a Beach metal catch in my P-3AT, but we are talking about the factory part in the returned Ruger LCP.  Once they are readily available, which may be a while, I may order one to see if it can be fitted to my wife's P-3AT which still has the standard plastic catch.  Or, we might get lucky and see a metal catch from Kel-Tec for the P-3AT.  After all, they have started using a metal catch in the PF-9.[/quote]

DaveNC has very nice metal mag catches. I know they tend to have a cost with it, but they are very nice.