P-3AT Resale Vaule

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by robin.kevin, Feb 6, 2011.

1. robin.kevin

robin.kevin Guest

I am looking at getting a P-3AT NIB from a private party. So I guess even tho its new its still consider used. Anyhow I would be giving $200 for the pistol, my question is if I get it and end up not liking it down the road what is the resale value on a used 3AT? I will mostly likely know rather or not I want to keep it or go up to a P-11 after a few range visits so I would be looking at say 100 rounds through the 3AT when I decide to sell, would I be able to get my money back out of it?

Thank you,
    Kevin

I found the sticky where people are posting prices. Looks like anywhere from $200-220 for used P-3AT. Sorry I should have looked at the stickies to start with.

2. sr5mike

sr5mike New Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Hmmm so you paid 200 and your worried about resale. Hmmmmm hold firm at 199.00 . Things that make you go HMMMMM. Are ypu serious?

3. robin.kevin

robin.kevin Guest

No not that simple. I just have been offer the P-3AT for what amounts to $200 in a trade for another pistol I own. I really am wanting an P-11 but with the offer I think I am going to accept the P-3AT in the offer and try it out for awhile see if I like it. If not I will want to try trading it in on a P-11 and was wanting to know resale value due to that.

But like I said, I found the info I was needing in a sticky. Thanks for the reply however.

4. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    "Looks like anywhere from $200-220 for used P-3AT."

That would be a sale price. For a trade or cash to a LGS, at least the ones I frequent, I'd guess $100.00 to $125.00 is what a blued P3AT in good condition would get you.

Bill K.

5. Pthree80

Pthree80 New Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Lowest price I can find on anywhere on the web for a used p3at is about $199.00

6. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Lowest price I can find on anywhere on the web for a used p3at is about $199.00[/quote]

Yes, I understand. I'm talking/guessing about what one might get in my area from a trade or a sale TO a LGS. The price of ~ $200.00 - $220.00 to buy one in a private transaction or FROM a decent LGS seems to me just about right. I've been to a LGS that was selling (before dickering) used P3ATs and PF9s for more than two other close by gun stores sell new pieces. This particular LGS was asking $349.99 for a new Blued PF9 while the LGS I mostly purchase from had a new HC PF9 for $289.95 - go figure.

Bill K.    

7. frankmako

frankmako New Member

Mar 11, 2006
    Chattanooga TN
    last week i saw several p3at's in my area for $249 plus tax. the prices are is getting back to normal. $200 dollars is not bad for a good used one. i would buy it, keep it and save up the money for a pf9. i think the pf9 are somewhere around $269 or $289. don't remember, got to go back a look.

8. robin.kevin

robin.kevin Guest

Just remember this thread, dont recall any e-mails...

Anyhow I took the trade with the P-3AT which all in all the P-3AT was covering $200 of my asking price. I got the P-3AT and 250 rounds which I figure is great for $200. Second day I took it out for its first shots. Being new never fired I expected some jams. I only had one FTE in my first 50 rounds and am very pleased. I am keeping the 3AT, my wife is talking about carrying it and making it her EDC while I am planing on getting either a PF-9 or P-11.

BTW I did get quotes on trading it at two gun shops and were offered $150 at both shops. I rather just keep it tho since it is such a great little pistol.

9. Hikerman

Hikerman New Member

Jun 5, 2009
    I just sold my "papered" gun for $200 ftf...........a week or so before I bought a no-papered gun for $180 ftf

10. OnTop

OnTop New Member

Feb 26, 2011
    I bought a very nice used P3AT with 2 mags for $150 last week. I think you got a great deal with 250rds of ammo. Just enjoy the gun and don't worry about resale value for such a cheap gun.

OT

11. jonnin

jonnin Active Member

Sep 28, 2010
    If the gun is in top condition with its box and all, IE you bought it a month ago and hate it sort of thing, I give the face to face trade/sell value at the gun store's price for the piece. That saves the buyer the tax, background check, and other fees and they get a new gun at a bit less than otherwise. I can do that: my state allows face to face pistol transactions, and at 10% sales tax, the combined savings to the person is enough while my loss of money is small.

As the gun gets more and more cosmetic damage from shooting and carrying it, and the box is lost or the sights stop glowing and such, it falls off into used gun prices that are from 50% to 75% of the going price (which may have changed since you bought it, as its now an older gun). If I cannot get 50% of the going price for a gun, I will just keep it or use it in a trade instead.

For the P3 specifically, its going to be hard to move it for much over $200 in a used transaction. When a gun is that low in value, personally I would either keep it, use it as trade fodder, or give it to a family member or something. Its just not enough to try to bleed any cash out of it, while you *might* use it to sweeten a trade and come out closer to even that way.

12. frankmako

frankmako New Member

Mar 11, 2006
    Chattanooga TN
    $200 for a good used p3at. not a bad deal. jump on it.

13. EnufIsTooMuch

EnufIsTooMuch New Member

Mar 6, 2011
    Paid $186 a couple of weeks ago on a used one. After I saw that CDNN has them some weekends (they run online weekend sales) for $195, with the brown color grip. I did get an extra magazine and a nice pistol case with my used one, but the gun has been so much trouble I kind of wish I'd bought new instead.

Oh well, you buys yer ticket you takes yer chances :)

14. martywj

martywj New Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Paid $229 NIB for mine at the Ft Worth Gun Show in November or December. Can't remember which so my opinion is $180-$200 seems fair for a used one.

Marty

15. tomdickandharry

tomdickandharry Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Orlando Fl
    I got in on that deal. Going to cost $238 out the door after shipping and ffl. So you still got one at a discount to that.