Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Note: This is a range report from a novice's point of view. I'm probably not saying anything you guys don't already know.

I took a trip to the range today to finish breaking in my P-3AT. I must say that overall I like the gun for its intended purpose. I have fired a total of 196 rounds through the gun, out of 200 attempted. I had 4 fail to feed and one of them had a smiley (I hope this is the correct term.) The ammunition I have fired was purchased from the range because you cannot bring your own. The two types were Federal "American Eagle" FMJ and Blazer FMJ. All the problems came with the "American Eagle" and I had no issues with the Blazer. I haven't had a chance to run any HP through the gun yet because the range can't get any in. When I get the opportunity, which HP should I ask for (assuming the range has any verity)? I had a few rounds fail to feed initially because of "limp wristing" (one word of two?) but that problem stopped after I started holding the gun correctly. Again, I like the gun for what it is, but I don't think I'll be shooting it on a regular basis.

--David

·
Registered
305 Posts
David, congratulations on your P-3AT. A few hiccups during the break in period is not unusual. Polishing the feed ramp, chamber and any rough spots on the slide rails might help. I believe most here do not shoot more than 50 rounds without cleaning. Be sure to keep it well lubricated, I personally like Militec-1 oil. As far as carry ammo goes both Remington Golden Sabres and Speer Gold Dot ran perfectly in my gun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.