P-3AT Range Report

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Tslepebull, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Tslepebull

Tslepebull New Member

Jan 12, 2008
    East Freakin' Texas
    Had a good day today. I finally got my P-3AT to the range. I had already done a fluff and buff and added a 1+ extension to the mag. I loaded up 5 rounds of WWB and let fly. On the third round of the first mag I had a FTE (stovepipe). I finished that mag and loaded up 5 more. Everything went fine on the second mag. Loaded up 5 more and had another FTE on the second round. Apparently that was when everything finally bedded in because everything else eas flawless. After several more 5 round mags I began loading 7 --chambering 1 and topping off the mag. All 8 worked as designed. It seemed like the dirtier it got the better it shot. I wound up shooting all 100 rounds of WWB.

I was not really trying to keep the tightest groups -- this was the first time out with a new gun and I just wanted to test for function; however, at 21 feet I could have covered the whole ragged hole with a beer can. I did get a raw spot on my trigger finger from the inside of the trigger guard-- a little work with fine emory paper took care of that. When I took it down for cleaning I found a burr on the frame where the slide had been hitting it --that is probably what had caused my early FTE. I smoothed the burr, cleaned the gun and re-lubed everything. This one is a keeper!!!!!

BTW I ran 200 rounds through my new P-F9 also -- no problems of any kind AND on the way home I found the SUB 2K in Glock 17 I have been looking for -- WHAAT A GREAT DAY!!!! Must be leap year or something.

2. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    It sounds like you had a really GREAT day!

3. KS.G36

KS.G36 Guest

Good to hear .. Enjoy your P3AT!  My finding this group was because of a reassembly problem after field stripping the gun the first time. I think many of those who find their way here initially are here about a problem. When you realize the number of these P3s that are being built, it puts the number of forum posted problems in perspective.

4. Tslepebull

Tslepebull New Member

Jan 12, 2008
    East Freakin' Texas
    KSG36 that is exactly my point and I agree with you 100%. Too often we hear from folks with problems. Those with no problems are too busy shooting, cleaning, or reloading to post. I just wanted to "share the love".