P-3AT or a P-32 for my wife??

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by jalu, Mar 17, 2008.

1. jalu

jalu New Member

Feb 26, 2008
    Northeast WA.
    After the PF-9 arrived last week my wife shot several magazines through it and declared (again) that she wanted "something that doesn't kick so much". She won't shoot our P-40 (even I think its kinda nasty in the recoil department) and she isn't real fond of our P-11 either.
    The PF-9 fits her hand well but I don't belive that she will ever become proficient with a hand gun that she is reluctent to shoot because of the recoil in these small framed pistols. Which brings us gack to the title of this post, in the opinion of our fellow KTOG'ers, which of the 2 pistols, the P-32 or the P3AT, do you guys feel would likely be the pistol that my wife would be comfortable shooting?

She is a "A" class trap shooter and can fire her 12ga. trap gun at a 500 bird marathon shoot and not complain, but seems pretty sensitive to hand gun recoil. Your insight would be very much appreciated.

Jace & Lu  aka...(jalu)

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    You can't go wrong with either,but I would lean towards the 32 just because you mentioned recoil sensitive

3. artimus_prime

artimus_prime New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Central FL
    +1 with JFB. Kel-Tec's aren't known for being light in the recoil department. Smaller size and weight= higher recoil.

4. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    The P32 may be the better choice, but the P3-AT can be tamed down some.

5. fatman

fatman New Member

Apr 6, 2005
    All three women in my family tried them both and then settled on the P 32.

6. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I'd say the P32 also, and you can still tame it down with some of Sprinters recoil pads and grip cover. I bet she'd like hard chrome. :cool:

7. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    Wife loves her P32. She can have any gun she wants and she just won't change(she gave away her S&W 642). Well I give up trying to change her. She has shot everything in the house from the .32 to the .45 and she just loves that thing (shoots good with it too ;) )

8. artimus_prime

artimus_prime New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Central FL
    actually, just reading your topic line, I'd say either could be a good trade for the wife! ;D

all in jest, Jace!

-A

9. FLA2760

FLA2760 Active Member

Aug 22, 2005
    I say the P32 for the recoil sensitive shooter.  Your wife  may practice more with the .32 due to the milder recoil. With the +1 extension and one in the chamber it is a 9 rounder.  ;)

10. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Thanks Arty - I just got a dirty look and told _I_ was not scoring any points thanks to you!

-Scott

11. artimus_prime

artimus_prime New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Central FL
    My bad, Scott! I didn't mean to get you in trouble! I know my cuter half would shoot me a dirty look for that one too!

12. engineer88

engineer88 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    I darn near bought a used P32 when I got my P3AT. The guys said "190...can maybe do ya 180 on it." I just may still pick one up. Keltec hit all the right spots with both their P3's. I still have yet to fire a P32 but I am so used to the P3AT recoil now that I would imagine it to be more tame in comparison. If you do get the P32, make sure you mark your mags somehow. ;)

13. kubmiester

kubmiester New Member

Nov 18, 2006
    Ditto, P-32 is more manageable.

14. finnfur

finnfur New Member

Feb 5, 2008
    I think most women are weaker in the wrist area [ not all ] and the 32 fits the bill as it helps with the "limp wristing" problem. My wife has choses the 32 for that reason. they should shoot what is comfortable. Placement is the first consideration.

15. jalu

jalu New Member

Feb 26, 2008
    Northeast WA.
    ..after going over your post we settled on the fact that less recoil is really where her conscern is comming from, so the P-32 seems practical, from that sense.

thanks, JFB

16. jalu

jalu New Member

Feb 26, 2008
    Northeast WA.
    Fatman...all three settled on the P-32's after the P-3AT?  That sould tell us something right there!
    Per each of the women in your family, what, other than recoil, made them lean towards the P-32 over the P-3AT?

thanks, Fatman

17. jalu

jalu New Member

Feb 26, 2008
    Northeast WA.
    TxCajun...how'ed you know about her hard chrome fetish? You been hangin out in WA. state lately? :eek:

18. jalu

jalu New Member

Feb 26, 2008
    Northeast WA.
    [quote author=artimus_prime link=1205806445/0#8 date=1205864800]actually, just reading your topic line, I'd say either could be a good trade for the wife!  ;D

all in jest, Jace!

Mr. Prime, sir, just what do you have in trade? Perhaps we can put some kind of a "pistols for wives deal"together.
    Maybe trade wives for the frist week and then change all of our firearms the next week This would remind me a televison show on one of the networks right now....on second thought ...hummmmmm

19. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Ugh... nope.  But I know a little about women and guns. I've been through quite a few of both.  ;D