P-3AT Hammer Block and DEMON Spring

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by RPM_64, Mar 18, 2010.

1. RPM_64

RPM_64 New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Being the dumbass that I am... Decided to install the stainless magazine release on my brand new P-3AT. Disassemble gun as normal BUT I (dumbass) took out the hammer block pin in error.   :-[  
    Holy crap, that there is the DEMON SPRING!!! Got it back in but I'm not comfortable with it (might have re-shaped it a bit) and plan on ordering another one from Kel-Tec. Is there an easy way to install that spring??????

By the way, this firearm has the click when pulling the trigger just after the round fires. I read a couple others that have it but no definitive reason way it would click when pulling trigger to end.

2. bergners

bergners New Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Chances are that the click is related to the trigger bar. You would need to remove the frame at least part way. There is a little spring at the trigger end that may be out of place.

Mine was clicking and I found that the screw that holds the belt clip was too tight. Loosened the screw and is well. Have since removed the cilp.

SteveB

3. RPM_64

RPM_64 New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    I have got to say KEL-TEC customer service is AWESOME!!!!

E-mailed them about what I (the dumbass) did.
    They said no problem, parts are on the way. I screwed up, potentially damaged the spring and hammer block, yet KEL-TEC says it's on us. :cool:

It's apparent to me that buying my 2nd KEL-TEC last week was definately the right thing to do.

Way to go KEL-TEC :)