Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=  link=1244052773/0#2 date=1244063467] How ?[/quote]

Sorry. Should have mentioned that it is Duracoat.

GL

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
billjohnso20 said:
GL, how durable is the duracoat? Is it chip proof or just chip resistant?
No "coating" is chip proof, so I'd have to say chip resistant.

The Duracoat is odd in that in continues to cure for months.

During the first couple days it is easy to ding. After 2-3 weeks it hardens up quite a bit and takes a serious effort to mar.

Of course anything that displaces the underlying material will mar the finish.

On the Purple Sub2K I made, I have scraped up the finish on the end of the barrel, but I have been knocking steel cylinders on and off while working on a replacement front sight.

I think the Duracoat is pretty good stuff, but I don't want to come of like an infomercial pitch man. In my opinion, its greatest attributes are the color options, and the cost compared to other finish options. Plus it can be used on the metal, or the polymer parts.

Best, GL

·
Registered
252 Posts
I request that you stop posting these pics because it makes me want to color mine. ;)

Great job, GL!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Subsoni[ch1202 said:
]I request that you stop posting these pics because it makes me want to color mine.  ;)
Go for it... but don't forget to post up some pics for us.

pointpro said:
I think pathon color would look really bad
I sent my Corn Flakes box tops and a quarter to Battle Creek, Michigan... but my Decoder Ring never arrived... so maybe you could help me out.

By pathon color, do you mean like a fade or gradient change from one color to another or??? And by "bad" do you mean bad like when you take a swig of expired milk, or Baaad as in when you discover they are doing a Hawaiian Tropics Girl photo shoot at the hotel you are staying at?

We await your answer.

GL  :-?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Come on...We are all awaiting the answer. It has been hours and we still have no clue how to interpret the post. I hate a big swig of bad milk! LMAO :D ;D ;D

Billy

·
Registered
22 Posts
OK, I was fully prepared to make fun of this with more "My Little Pony" gags, but this actually looks pretty damned cool.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Runcible said:
OK, I was fully prepared to make fun of this with more "My Little Pony" gags, but this actually looks pretty damned cool.
I knew I'd wear you down eventually ;D

That is the best part, enough options to suit everybody.

GL

·
Administrator
32,112 Posts
I'm stealing that bear pic. That is too funny. ;D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Now we will have to hear the insecure guys looking for a "big one" complaning that a color coordinated mouse gun can't stop nobody.

·
Registered
75 Posts
since guns are accessories anyway, now we'll have to have several in different colors to match what we wear, just like women and their shoes (though kel-tecs tend to cost less than some shoes :eek: )

and i for one believe this mousegun has plenty of stopping power :D

·
Registered
559 Posts
I thinking of having you do my PF slide in Burgandy. (the opposite of the one you showed) How true to color is that picture?
tr

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
tommyray said:
I thinking of having you do my PF slide in Burgandy. (the opposite of the one you showed) How true to color is that picture?
tr
I guess that will depend on your monitor ;)

But it is pretty much spot on, on my monitors.

So I guess if other stuff is accurate on yours, then the burgundy will be accurate too.

GL

1 - 20 of 32 Posts