P-3AT at the range today

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by jaket7291, Mar 19, 2008.

1. jaket7291

jaket7291 New Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Took my newly aquired, slightly used, hard chrome p3AT to range today. I traded for it here with jdeere_man. He said he only shot about 100rnd through it. So I did a full F&B, man that feed ramp was rough, it had sharp edges on each side. I smoothed them down and polished to a high shine. Anyway I ran another 100rnds through without the slightest hicup! I could hit the 4" circle at 15yrds and that was good enought for the girls I go out with ::) Then I shot my P-11 a little, man that thing felt like a giant after after the 3at. All'n'All great day at the range and I love my new 3AT!

2. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Sounds like you had a great day!

3. alamo

alamo New Member

Sep 12, 2004
    I just put 106 rounds through my  2G P-3AT last weekend.  I had almost forgotten how much fun it is to shoot it. I don't make it to the range as much as I should these days unfortunately.

Hitting a 4" circle at 15 yards consistently is certainly good enough.

4. finnfur

finnfur New Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Sounds like a great shoot. If I can keep 'um all inside 9" at 21" I'm happy.

5. gvaldeg1

gvaldeg1 New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    I sure agree with you on everything alamo. It's nice to hear all of the good things about P3s that have been appearing on here recently. They are a lot of fun to shoot and nothing beats then for concealable easy carry.

6. jaket7291

jaket7291 New Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Hitting the 4" circle was really taking my time, making sure I used the very tip of my finger and letting the shot surprise me when it went off. The one time I left it holstered in my K&D in my pocket then pulled and fired all 6 rounds they were about 1 1/2' straight up and down all in the torso. And that still works for me.

7. Chuck-Baby

Chuck-Baby New Member

Jan 28, 2008
    I took my little toy out today for the first time. I ran two boxes through it without the slightest hitch. I did not do any Fluff and Buff before I went out. THE MOLD MARK IN THE TRIGGER GUARD SURE ATE MY TRIGGER FINGER UP. Will take car of that in short order. I just could not wait to get on here to tell all that I have faith in my little pocket pal now. I did some rapid fire to make sure it would handle that and I tried some JHP ammo and it ramped and fed like a champ. Then I dug out the .45 and 9mm and I felt like I had an old Civil War cannon in my hand. I will add a trigger block behind the trigger to take up the free travel after the trigger breaks. I consistantly pulled low and to the left because of the extra travel. My frame is OD and it has a white spot where the trigger kept hitting the frame. ALL IS WELL IN SHOOTING LAND WITH MY KT.

8. Chuck-Baby

Chuck-Baby New Member

Jan 28, 2008