P-3AT a Toy Gun?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by PshootR, May 26, 2008.

1. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005
    http://www.courant.com/news/local/mr/middletown/hc-hdmrobber0523.artmay23,0,4068137.story

2. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    What I took from the article bothered me. I did not read in the charges anything that suggested the robber was in illegal possesion of the P3AT. If he had a current Connecicut Pistol Permit he gives another black eye to those of us who carry legally and more "ammunition" to those who would propose more (and more restrictive) gun control laws.  

3. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    Seems like an illegal possession would have been noted, may just be sloppy journalism I hope.

The P3AT may work in his favor on this one ... "fired what appeared to be a warning shot at owner Mohammed Sohail as Suciu ran to his SUV".

Knowing what it's like to try to hit something with an AT standing still I'd have to think anything that seemed like a warning shot with both shooter and shootee moving was a pretty darned good effort.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    This is the reason I think bad things about P3AT's turned pink and purple and blue, if they're intended for ccw/personal protection. I don't want a BG thinking that it's a toy gun, thereby forcing me to prove it.

5. quickmick7

quickmick7 New Member

Oct 24, 2006
    south florida
    after 1 round you know it ain't a toy.....besides with all the airsoft guns out there that like real with only a red barreled tip,a little paint and who's gonna know?......some real guns look like toys and some toys look like real guns....double edged sword...

6. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005
    If he ever gets to see it, he should get to hear and feel it too. Count on using it if you ever get so far as to draw. Waiting to see if it scares him might cost you all you have to give.