Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used this mag available from KT. It looks similar to P32 10 rd. mag. Any opinions?

G

·
I thought there was a +1 extension on their webpage but I don't see it any more. If its no longer available then this mag will have to do.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I don't think there'd be any room for the rear leg on the L-shaped +1 extension floor plate in the back. Remember that it goes outside the body of the magazine. Plus, even if it did fit, you may have to fiddle with the spring to get it to reliably feed all 10 rounds.

·
Administrator
32,172 Posts
rwschill said:
Has anyone used this mag available from KT.  It looks similar to P32 10 rd. mag.  Any opinions?
Yes... my opinion? IT'S ABOUT TIME!

Now where is my PF9 +1 extension? :)

G

·
I just stumbled on the 9 rounder while looking for the "Billfold Brown" grip. I placed my order and will give a range report soon.

If function is good- it will be back up carry mag and range mag.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I got mine today.

I haven't been to the range with it, but I am a tiny bit worried.

There's enough of a gap between the bottom of the grip and the top of the mag extension/sleeve, that gripping it causes the magazine to shift in the mag well.

The mag catch slot appears to be in the same position as on the factory mag, so it may just be that the sleeve is too short. If so, it's an easy fix.

It definitely changes the feel of the grip (IMHO, for the better).

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
Sangueffusor said:
I don't think there'd be any room for the rear leg on the L-shaped +1 extension floor plate in the back. Remember that it goes outside the body of the magazine. Plus, even if it did fit, you may have to fiddle with the spring to get it to reliably feed all 10 rounds.
Sure it would work. Slide the grip extension up out of the way, install the +1 extension, and slide the grip extension back down. If needed a small cut into the polymer grip extension with a dremel cut off wheel could be made so that the "L" shaped catch would fit in the slot cut out of the polymer grip extension. Remember the "L" shaped catch only makes slight contact with the bottom of the magazine body. Viola, instant 10 round magazine. :)

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
billjohnso20 said:
Sure it would work. Slide the grip extension up out of the way, install the +1 extension, and slide the grip extension back down. If needed a small cut into the polymer grip extension with a dremel cut off wheel could be made so that the "L" shaped catch would fit in the slot cut out of the polymer grip extension. Remember the "L" shaped catch only makes slight contact with the bottom of the magazine body. Viola, instant 10 round magazine. :)
I take it you've never inspected or owned a 10-round P-32 magazine? The plastic grip extension is fixed and cannot move; there is no metal magazine body for the grip extension portion to slide up on. The metal magazine body ends at the top of the grip extension, and the rest of the cavity is made up of the plastic grip. The plastic floorplate attaches like it would on a normal magazine, but what it attaches to is also plastic, and there is no room in the rear for the L-shaped leg of the +1 extension.

I have to assume that the 9-round P3-AT magazine is constructed in the same way. Thus, what you just described is impossible.

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
Sangueffusor said:
I take it you've never inspected or owned a 10-round P-32 magazine? The plastic grip extension is fixed and cannot move; there is no metal magazine body for the grip extension portion to slide up on. The metal magazine body ends at the top of the grip extension, and the rest of the cavity is made up of the plastic grip. The plastic floorplate attaches like it would on a normal magazine, but what it attaches to is also plastic, and there is no room in the rear for the L-shaped leg of the +1 extension.

I have to assume that the 9-round P3-AT magazine is constructed in the same way. Thus, what you just described is impossible.
Thanks for setting me straight. I have one question, what does the bottom plate of the mag affix to for it to stay together? You're right, I don't own a P32 so I don't know how it's made. Seriously, what holds the thing together? I can't wrap my mind around how it could possibly work. I sure hope they have some of these 10 round mags left after the 1st of June when I'll have a few extra dollars. That way I can take the thing apart and see how it works.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
The plastic grip extension is somehow bonded to the metal magazine body, but I don't know how or with what. The floorplate slides on like a normal magazine; there are "lips" molded on the bottom of the plastic grip much like the normal magazine. Actually, the floorplate looks exactly like the standard plastic one on a regular magazine.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.