P-3AT 9 RD. Extended Mag At KT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by rwschill, May 10, 2010.

1. rwschill

rwschill New Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Has anyone used this mag available from KT. It looks similar to P32 10 rd. mag. Any opinions?

2. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana

3. ljhooley

ljhooley New Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Awesome!

Just ordered mine. Almost bought an extra mag a couple weeks ago at the gun show. Now glad I waited!

Thanks for the post!

larry

4. JB-Norcal

JB-Norcal Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2006
    I'd imagine it would complicate the casual backpocket carry, but it's a great option to have for IWB.
    Thanks KT, for an apparant well thought out option. I'll have to put it on my list.

5. Guambodian

Guambodian New Member

Dec 1, 2009
    I saw the P32 version of this on TV last night and wondered when we would get ours. It seems we already had them. Now I need my first two.

6. Tarheelccw

Tarheelccw Guest

I thought there was a +1 extension on their webpage but I don't see it any more. If its no longer available then this mag will have to do.

7. darts

darts New Member

May 2, 2010
    I'm a sucker for looks, and this looks awkward, but it's practical so I guess should outweigh looks.

8. peaceful99

peaceful99 New Member

Oct 21, 2005
  9. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    I don't think there'd be any room for the rear leg on the L-shaped +1 extension floor plate in the back. Remember that it goes outside the body of the magazine. Plus, even if it did fit, you may have to fiddle with the spring to get it to reliably feed all 10 rounds.

10. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Thanks for the heads-up. Ordered one figuring it'd be nice to have on the range and as a spare carry mag.

Take care...

11. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Yes... my opinion? IT'S ABOUT TIME!

Now where is my PF9 +1 extension? :)

12. molachi

molachi Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    Thanks for the info. Just orderd one...

John

13. mcinil

mcinil New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Thanks also for the link and info. I just ordered mine also.

MC.

14. I just stumbled on the 9 rounder while looking for the "Billfold Brown" grip. I placed my order and will give a range report soon.

If function is good- it will be back up carry mag and range mag.

15. cma_g21

cma_g21 Active Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Florida
    I got mine today.

I haven't been to the range with it, but I am a tiny bit worried.

There's enough of a gap between the bottom of the grip and the top of the mag extension/sleeve, that gripping it causes the magazine to shift in the mag well.

The mag catch slot appears to be in the same position as on the factory mag, so it may just be that the sleeve is too short. If so, it's an easy fix.

It definitely changes the feel of the grip (IMHO, for the better).

16. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Sure it would work. Slide the grip extension up out of the way, install the +1 extension, and slide the grip extension back down. If needed a small cut into the polymer grip extension with a dremel cut off wheel could be made so that the "L" shaped catch would fit in the slot cut out of the polymer grip extension. Remember the "L" shaped catch only makes slight contact with the bottom of the magazine body. Viola, instant 10 round magazine. :)

17. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    I take it you've never inspected or owned a 10-round P-32 magazine? The plastic grip extension is fixed and cannot move; there is no metal magazine body for the grip extension portion to slide up on. The metal magazine body ends at the top of the grip extension, and the rest of the cavity is made up of the plastic grip. The plastic floorplate attaches like it would on a normal magazine, but what it attaches to is also plastic, and there is no room in the rear for the L-shaped leg of the +1 extension.

I have to assume that the 9-round P3-AT magazine is constructed in the same way. Thus, what you just described is impossible.

18. Xenocide

Xenocide New Member

Apr 26, 2010
    interesting! I may pick one of these up!

19. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Thanks for setting me straight. I have one question, what does the bottom plate of the mag affix to for it to stay together? You're right, I don't own a P32 so I don't know how it's made. Seriously, what holds the thing together? I can't wrap my mind around how it could possibly work. I sure hope they have some of these 10 round mags left after the 1st of June when I'll have a few extra dollars. That way I can take the thing apart and see how it works.

20. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    The plastic grip extension is somehow bonded to the metal magazine body, but I don't know how or with what. The floorplate slides on like a normal magazine; there are "lips" molded on the bottom of the plastic grip much like the normal magazine. Actually, the floorplate looks exactly like the standard plastic one on a regular magazine.