Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got a couple of extra kt factory 7 round mag extensions. I followed the install instructions to a t. But I can only get 6 rounds loaded. I really have to force the seventh round, and it is so freakin tight, it wont feed. What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
one issue i had... the follower had a sharp edge on it and was catching on the top of the extention....try just a light sanding of the bottom edges of the follower.....gpr

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forgot to mention that the extension pushes forward as well. Want to get the capacity issue fixed first before I put a drop or two of super glue on it to keep the extension from pushing towards the front of the gun.

Have I just totally put this thing together incorrectly?

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
  Do you have the little ell tab on the inside of the mag or the outside? The tab is supposed to go on the outside. Also: Is the steel plate sitting flat on the bottom of the mag and not at an angle?

If you have the tab on the outside, and the extension can slide forward, the tab is either too short, or the little bump on the bottom is not locked into the mag.

If the ell tab is too short, call KT service 1-800-515-9983. explain the problem and they will send you free parts to fix it.

Sometimes though, it's just the stiff spring. Load it up with 6 and leave it overnight. See if it will take seven after that. There also is sometimes a problem with plastic flash on the follower that causes the follower to catch on the extension.

These are great when you get them working properly. No more problems with my two in over 2 years of use. And with the KT lifetime guarantee, If they broke even now they would replace them.

Packer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.