Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new to me P-32 gen 1 I'm planning to carry. Took it to the range for a little practice and notice that the pistol wouldn't fire until the trigger was almost against the grip. During the fifty rds of target practice the little hand gun had zero malfuctions. After the trip to the range I field stripped and cleaned the P-32 again. Then I notice when dry firing the pistol, to become use to the long trigger pull (with a snap cap) the trigger wouldn't reset unless I rack the slide between shots. Is the tigger pull to the grip before firing normal? Is this a true DA pistol? Am I missing something? Thanks

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
The P32 is not a true double action pistol, it has no second strike capability. The hammer is normally in a half cocked position and held there by the hammer block. It sounds like yours is functioning normally.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I jump the gun, no pun intended, a little. I was just going by my P-11 which has second strike capability. Now I have to get used to the loooong trigger pull. May try the eraser behind the trigger trick. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
No problem.

The P11 has a different trigger than the other KT pocket guns. I've never tried one but most people say the P11 has a worse trigger than the others. That's one thing that has kept me from buying one, plus no local stores ever have one that I could try.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Yes, the P11 is a true double action pistol with the trigger both cocking and releasing the hammer. As such, it does have 'second strike' capability, just like a double action revolver. But the P-32, like many semi-autos, is not a true double action. It is the movement of the slide which partially cocks the hammer and the trigger then finishes this movement and then releases it. In order for the trigger to 'reset'. the slide must be retracted a short distance, partially cocking the hammer and setting the hammer block (which is then released by the trigger during firing). This also applies to the P3AT and the PF-9. Because it is a true DA, the trigger pull of the P-11 is both longer and considerably heavier than the other pistols, more like a typical double action revolver, in the 10-12lb range, while the others are in the 6-7 lb range.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.