P-11 upper wanted

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by capt.koolaid, Aug 11, 2010.

1. capt.koolaid

capt.koolaid Guest

any finish, just need/want a P-11 9mm upper to convert my P-40 to a 9mm for plinking/versatility

2. HatRon56

HatRon56 Grand Poobah Supporter

May 25, 2007
    Hampton Roads,VA
    A suggestion: Keep an eye on Gun Broker, sometimes they have them for sale.

3. capt.koolaid

capt.koolaid Guest

Thankyou sir....how much do they usually go for?

4. HatRon56

May 25, 2007
    Hampton Roads,VA
    Usually around a $100 or so.
    Sometimes you have guns that are confiscated then demilled ( receiver cut in two) and the parts are sold to gun dealers, who list them on GB.
    Your welcome...

5. tjh1948

tjh1948 New Member

May 18, 2008
    Two (2) dealers on GB that often list parts guns (no receiver) are widebuffalo & tjonesoutdoors. I have purchased from both & they are reliable. Just remember, they are selling used items.

6. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Worse case scenario - You could buy a brand new slide and barrel (blued) from Kel-tec, for about $170.  The price list I have (several years old) shows the barrel for $95 and the slide for $70.  Maybe give them a call and see what they'd let the pair go for.  At least the call is free. :)

7. HatRon56

May 25, 2007
    Hampton Roads,VA
    [quote author=TxCajun link=1281567496/0#5 date=1281882965]Worse case scenario - You could buy a brand new slide and barrel (blued) from Kel-tec, for about $170.  The price list I have (several years old) shows the barrel for $95 and the slide for $70.  Maybe give them a call and see what they'd let the pair go for.  At least the call is free.  :)[/quote

Just want to add you will also need the 9mm recoil springs too. You do not need the steel recoil rod, just a waste of money and accelerated wear on your slide.

I have bought many items from Wide Buffalo, (P. Roberts) and have no problem buying from them at all.

I would just go ahead and go to a gun show and take a look around at the used gun dealers.
    I could have bought many a used P-11's for around $200.00.

8. capt.koolaid

capt.koolaid Guest

next gun show wont be till late september round these parts :-[ Ive heard Kel-Tec wont sell 9mm uppers but I guess a phonecall couldnt hurt ;) Thanks again fellas

9. P-40

P-40 New Member

May 31, 2010
    Dont forget the Mag.

10. capt.koolaid

capt.koolaid Guest

ah yes.....think i got a couple smith 6900 mags around that would work

11. lcdrdanr

lcdrdanr Active Member

Nov 4, 2004
    I've never had an issue with 9mm working in a P40 mag, the few issues I ever had were with 40's in a 9mm mag. Try out your existing mags first, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Dan R

12. capt.koolaid

capt.koolaid Guest

if i ever get a 9mm upper ill do that :( still lookin.....gonna bite the bullet an call kt monday

13. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    PM sent, not an offer but may be a lead... ;)

14. capt.koolaid

capt.koolaid Guest

got it and thank you sir! hope i can get one