Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Banned
6,927 Posts
Here's something else you may need:

REMOVE P-11 MAGAZINE CATCH AND SPRING
PROCEDURE:

1) No need to remove slide or frame. Just lock the slide back.
2) Pull top of magazine release spring back away from frame and up and out through ejection slot of slide.
3) Push magazine (As though releasing magazine) out of grip.

INSTALLING MAGAZINE CATCH
PROCEDURE:

1) Insert magazine release into grip.
2) Working through the open ejection slot in slide, with spring turned sideways, insert long end of spring into hole in left side of mag. release.
3) Swing spring to right and press forward until spring locks into place.
4) That’s it, magazine catch is now installed.

Packer.

· Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
rjhauser said:
2pp has it down to a science at this point... ;D
He certainly has, for which I am grateful. Someday, we may be able to pass along his advice, with appropriate credits. 8)

rjhauser said:
b&h will sell to anyone, just call them. 8)
I have decided to stick with just the two calibers.

One can only have so much fun in the time available. As you undoubtedly know, working for a living sucks. That's especially true if you have to travel as part of your job. :'(

How's your quest for a PF-9 going? I copied your strategy and ordered three magazines yesterday after the website came back. ::)

TucsonMTB . . . on the road again this week

· Registered
3,943 Posts
friday probably....

but the 3rd caliber is not so much to use it as just to have it as they do not make it any more....

i pride myself on having things that are unique and different though. and I loved the challenge of getting one.

and, if it was fun they would not have to pay us to do it. :-/

· Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
rjhauser said:
friday probably....

i pride myself on having things that are unique and different though.  and I loved the challenge of getting one.
Super! I hope it all goes well!

TucsonMTB . . . who may have similar pleasure at his local dealer . . . some day ::)

· Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Two Pistol Packer said:
  Please give us an update post when you do.

Thanks,

Packer.
After changing the magazine catch, graciously supplied by Kel-Tec, it seemed wise to pull the firing pin.  Did I mention how little plastic material holds the magazine? ::)

The machining in the firing pin channel of this ancient, stainless P-11 is beautiful, with no burrs or tool marks.  The spring looks like new.  Flushing the channel with CLP made me feel good, but was hardly necessary. ;D

Your lucid instructions made the process quick and painless.  Thanks!!  8)

TucsonMTB . . . who feels ready for a season of shooting

· Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone experienced a magazine catch failure with their P-11? Today was my first chance to shoot the P-40 conversion on my P-11. I like it! ;D On about the 3rd magazine, the last round failed to feed. It appeared to sitting a little low, but not nose down. Operating the slide chambered the round. After firing, the slide did not lock back. At that point I pushed the magazine catch button, but the magazine seemed stuck! :'( Fiddling a bit released the magazine, but the next magazine did not lock in place. ::) Once home, I realized that part of the catch is missing. :eek:
I reassembled the P-11 with its proper slide for this picture. Notice the bright surface of the nickel plated magazine showing at the bottom of the magazine catch. Getting the catch out was easier than expected.
Here's a closeup. So, I sent Kel-Tec an email. 8) TucsonMTB . . . who may not be shooting any 9mm or .40cal for a while
Try www.hundredplus.net You can get a stainless steel mag catch there for the P-11

· Registered
9,017 Posts
Welcome to KTOG. Thanks for the link, that catch looks nice.

This thread is from just after I joined the forum. I'd forgotten 357 barrels were still available then.

Necromancy is well received around here. ;) :D

21 - 30 of 30 Posts