Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I manually try to load the first bullet into the chamber by racking the slide the bullet goes half way up the ramp and then stops. The no matter what I do I can't get the slide to push the bullet the rest of the way into the barrel. If I load a bullet into the barrel manually it will fire and eject. I have only tried with an empty mag in place so I can fire the one round I put into the barrel. See the pic of where/how it jams.

I tried with several mags 2 keltec and 2 promag..no difference.. tried, federal, Winchester, pmc, ppu and magtec..all 9mm luger all FMJ no difference..none will load from the mag. They jam with the bullet's nose on the ramp. If I manually put a bullet in the barrel and let the slide forward it will fire, and eject. I have only tried that two times..worked both times. With an empty mag in place..afraid to try with a loaded mag in place.

I have cleaned and lubed the gun, taken the ejector pin andspring out and reinstalled no change. The ramp has been polished, the trigger bar polished as well..fluff and buff per other threads still no change.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
2 things...it's a really REALLY bad idea to manually place a bullet in the chamber and then let the slide push against the bullet...this could lead to a broken extractor. (Could also lead to a slam-fire...but that's another story) The extractor is meant to grab a round after it's been pushed UP into the extractor and then into the chamber...from the magazine. Please don't do it that way any more.

2nd thing....place a full mag into the butt of the pistol...then pull the slide back and let it slam forward with full force...like letting go of an arrow, you know---bow are arrow? Don't try riding the slide forward with you hand...or letting it ease into position...let that sucker slam home.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I had an honest to God jam on Tuesday.

My very first squib. I know exactly how and why it happened.

·
Registered
562 Posts
124 grain Gold Dot Hollow Point reload.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.