Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a fairly new p-11 and I just don’t use it because it is almost impossible to pull the slide back. It’s a little better with no magazine inserted. I took larger spring out for experiment and it was doable, but of course I can’t shoot it like that. Any suggestions! Are there weaker springs or does it just need to be worn in ?
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
649 Posts
They are tough to slide the upper back on. They can wear in with shooting, or you can lube the rails and spend a lot of time racking it. One thing to be cautious of is the tendency to baby the slide back to the front. In real time it will cause a failure to feed. Yank it back and let it slide forward with all of the spring force it has.

·
Registered
9,089 Posts
Doing a search for "cross body" on this sub forum made me realize a LOT of folks have this problem, me included.

This post in an old thread pretty much sums it up. BTW I checked, the link to Cornerd Cat is still good.

While it is a long article & full of information, I believe it should be a must read for all newcomers to the P11/40 platform.

In other words this method works! I can not & never could rack the slide on my p40 while pinching the slide with my thumb & forefinger. The crossbody rack is the only way I can rack the slide on this gun. Grip strength is long gone. Lucky I don't have carpal tunnel. Use this method on most of my semi autos.

Another thing. When clearing the gun after dropping the mag the round drops out the mag well anyway. so it really doesn't matter if you cover the ejection port. Hand cycling to break it in? Take it out & put some rounds thru it. Does a much better job of wearing the parts in. BTW don't forget to use grease.

It won't hurt to post this link one more time.

Rack the Slide | Cornered Cat

These things aren't hard to rack. You just have to get your leverage right.

·
Registered
P-11 and P-32
2 Posts
I have been shooting and CCW a P-11 for about 21 years now. l also pocket carry a P32 on occasion. I'm approaching 80 now, and have nerve damage in left hand (I'm a lefty), and serious arthritis in my right hand. I'm thinking of losing the P-11 for something easier to rack the slide. I've been using a "Handi-Racker" for a while, but that's just plain annoying. Also considering switching to a .22. Has anyone had experience with the new P-17? Looks like something I could use since it appears to be left-handed friendly.

·
Premium Member
5,006 Posts
I have been shooting and CCW a P-11 for about 21 years now. l also pocket carry a P32 on occasion. I'm approaching 80 now, and have nerve damage in left hand (I'm a lefty), and serious arthritis in my right hand. I'm thinking of losing the P-11 for something easier to rack the slide. I've been using a "Handi-Racker" for a while, but that's just plain annoying. Also considering switching to a .22. Has anyone had experience with the new P-17? Looks like something I could use since it appears to be left-handed friendly.
The P17 is a .22LR so there's a really big difference between the Muzzle Energy. I own a P17 which I use for teaching. It's accurate and comfortable. I've never had a misfire if I used the premium .22 ammo.

My aged arthritic parents CC the P17. Low recoil, easy rack, light to carry. I gifted them some premium ammo to carry just for my own peace of mind.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
P-11 and P-32
2 Posts
The P17 is a .22LR so there's a really big difference between the Muzzle Energy. I own a P17 which I use for teaching. It's accurate and comfortable. I've never had a misfire if I used the premium .22 ammo.

My aged arthritic parents CC the P17. Low recoil, easy rack, light to carry. I gifted them some premium ammo to carry just for my own peace of mind.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Hey, thanks for the info. Now if I can just find a gun store willing to trade.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts