OWB holster for P3AT with Armalaser?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by voigts, Oct 8, 2008.

1. voigts

voigts New Member

Sep 30, 2008
    While I am waiting for my new chrome P3AT to come in tomorrow and my armalaser to come, I have been looking at holsters and cannot find a OWB holster anywhere for the P3AT with an Armalaser. I realize that this gun it primarily for concealed/pocket carry, but it would be nice to have an OWB holster for when you don't have a need to conceal, such as in the woods camping, etc. or as in my case where TN doesn't require the weapon to be concealed and I may just want to wear it under a sweatjacket or something. For that matter, I haven't seen a single IWB holster for the Armalaser either. Can anyone point me toward some options?

2. 99ncxj

99ncxj New Member

Aug 28, 2007
    the only one i know of is a desantis IWB holster that will fit with the laser. Actually, you can buy it directly from armalaser i belive.

3. voigts

voigts New Member

Sep 30, 2008
    I may give an uncle Mike's sidekick a try. Maybe with a bit of restitching it will work.

For some reason I didn't see the Don Hume OWB holster on the Armalaser website when I looked the other day, but I don't like how it rides so high on the belt.

4. KD_Holsters

KD_Holsters New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    We offer both IWB and OWB holsters for the P3AT w/ArmaLaser.

5. voigts

voigts New Member

Sep 30, 2008
    I had looked at your site but don't see any mention of holsters for the P3AT with Armalaser. Which types do you make to fit this? The mini-belt defender, paddle defender, or what? thanks

6. KD_Holsters

KD_Holsters New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    For OWB, we can make the Eagle Defender, Laredo Defender, or Mini-Belt Defender.  We also have a Custom Belt Defender (not pictured on the website) which uses a metal clip to attach to the belt/waistband.  It can also be made as an IWB holster.  In addition, for IWB, we offer the Maverick Defender, Mini-IWB Defender, and the Thunderbird Defender.  The Thunderbird Defender is offered as a combination IWB/OWB style of holster, and would be your most cost effective choice in that sense.  We add a "tension screw" on the holsters that accomodate the ArmaLaser, and there is an additional $5 charge for that.  Shipping is $7.  

We've started a somewhat new policy with respect to turnaround time on holsters for the Kel-Tec's.  The turnaround time, no matter the style/model, is 8-10 weeks versus the 14-16 weeks normally associated with our IWB/OWB holsters.

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.  Please be a little patient in my responding to any inquiries as we're currently in the process of relocating our shop.  So it may be a couple of days before I can respond to someone.