Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

Overpriced P3AT's

3K views 52 replies 39 participants last post by  vn6869 
#1 ·
It amazes me that the need for instant fulfillment and desire trump any reasonable selling price for a P3AT, as is the case on GunBroker. I watch with amazement as people bid up these pistols to $325 and up and have to still pay for shipping and transfer costs. I understand the backlog but it truly defies my sensibilities. I can respect their decision; I guess one man's poison is another man's dessert.

#7 ·
pedro said:
I bought my hard chrome/navy blue 2nd gen P3AT for $260 brand new in the box.  I couldn't imagine paying over $300 for a blued steel version.   :eek:
I paid $275.00 for mine in February. Since then my LGS has sold several at prices ranging from &269.00-$275.00. All of these were of course blued steel models. Bill has made up his mind that now is the time to build a devoted customer base. His shop is rather small with limited stock BUT his prices cannot be beat by anyone in the KCMO area. He is even selling ammo at pre-panic bubble prices. Best of all he's the closest LGS so that I can drop by there several times a week.

#9 ·
I had my eye on a full black 3AT at one of the biggest dealers in the tri-county area. (Charleston, SC) It was about $250 or $260, but my 30 days wasn't up yet. The next week when I went back, it was gone. Not a problem, I thought, I've seen at least one in the case everytime I went to browse. They finally got in 3 of the 3AT's and I was headed in that direction to get mine. For some reason, I asked what the price was.......$380!!!!!!!!! >:(  ARE YOU KIDDING!!!!! I turned around, and will be looking for one at a reasonable price.

I see that the MSRP on the Kel-Tec sight is higher than I'm usde to seeing too!!

#13 ·
Just recently bought mine off of Gunbroker. Bidding for NIB blued P3AT started at $250, with a buy it now price of $299. Someone upped the bid to $280 so I decided to go ahead and buy it at $299.00. Did not have to pay tax, but did have to pay S&H of $18.00 and then pay the transfer fee at my local gun shop. I live in the Raleigh area and could not find a P3AT anywhere. The local gun shop I use regularly recommended that I try Gunbroker because they had a waiting list that went back a year on the P3AT. My dad has had his P3AT for over a year and paid about $275.00 plus tax.

Lucklly the guy I purchased my P3AT was willing to sell me some ammo, but at a marked up price of $30 per box of A-meric.

#14 ·
$269 is about the going price in my neck of the woods. That's been steady for about a year now - when you can find them, that is. I saw only two at a show this past weekend. A year ago I would have found a dozen or more. I only saw one P11 and I think two PF9's. I guess supply and demand are keeping prices up, but not for me.

#16 ·
Here in Bucks county, Classic Pistol has a used P3AT black for $238.00. It looked like a very well cared for generatiion 2 with maybe 50 rounds thru it. They also have have a new grey P3AT for $287.00. I picked up 2 boxes of federal Hydra Shok-Law enforcement(2 is the limit per customer) for $26.00 per box,50 rounds per box. If you are looking for ammo or a P3AT give Classic Pistol a call. They treat you very nice and have a lot of knowledge. The owner claims he has a good salesman from kel-Tec that gives him 2 per week when possible.
He just sold a new LCP this morning(same day) and said why would I want one anyway ? KelTec is prefered by him. I told him I would like to have seen it. He sold it for $310.00. Oh well, at least I got some carry ammo and good conversation..

#18 ·
Pretty much the same in the Missouri and Kansas marketplace. With the .380 ammo problem, I would spend my $$$ on another CC handgun where by you can find ammo for it. If the gun manufactures don't get involved in this ammo problem, it may very well put the .380 sales in the gutter. There are many small CC handguns out there that finding ammo for them is not near impossible.

#19 ·
I screwed myself here in Florida, and paid $350.00 last summer for a parkerized P3at...I was anxious, I guess...Because of that, I will never buy from Florida Survivalist in Dunedin, Fl. again. :-[

G
#23 ·
hellraiser said:
this thread is to much!!! im pissed because i missed out on a [highlight]used one for 575 bucks about a month ago.... did i mention im from california[/highlight] :'(

Let me rub a little salt in......

I have NEVER paid more than $250 OTD for a NIB Blued 3AT... and I have bought and sold a few.

The most I ever paid was a tad over $300 for a Hard Chromed/ Navy Blue grip that I just HAD to have. (Side note-   A tad over $300 OTD for blued the LCP also.)

#24 ·
Nu_Agin_Shooter said:
[quote author=hellraiser link=1244892370/15#21 date=1245387710]this thread is to much!!! im pissed because i missed out on a [highlight]used one for 575 bucks about a month ago.... did i mention im from california[/highlight] :'(

Let me rub a little salt in......[/quote]

ow ow it burns it burns.... im pretty sure you tossed some lemon in there too!!!

#26 ·
raymac1215 said:
Here in Bucks county, Classic Pistol has a used P3AT black for $238.00. It looked like a very well cared for generatiion 2 with maybe 50 rounds thru it. They also have have a new grey P3AT for $287.00.  I picked up 2 boxes of federal Hydra Shok-Law enforcement(2 is the limit per customer) for $26.00 per box,50 rounds per box.  If you are looking for ammo or a P3AT give Classic Pistol a call. They treat you very nice and have a lot of knowledge. The owner claims he has a good salesman from kel-Tec that gives him 2 per week when possible.  
He just sold a new LCP this morning(same day) and said why would I want one anyway ? KelTec is prefered by him. I told him I would like to have seen it. He sold it for $310.00. Oh well, at least I got some carry ammo and good conversation..
Well, hello there. I'm a member of Classic, too. As much as I like those guys, the best Kel-Tec deal is at Tanner's Sports Center in Jamison, PA. They're still selling NIB blued P3ATs for $249. I happened to notice while I was picking up my new rifle a couple of weeks ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.