Overpriced P3AT's

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by rosieK, Jun 13, 2009.

1. rosieK

rosieK New Member

Jun 10, 2009
    It amazes me that the need for instant fulfillment and desire trump any reasonable selling price for a P3AT, as is the case on GunBroker. I watch with amazement as people bid up these pistols to $325 and up and have to still pay for shipping and transfer costs. I understand the backlog but it truly defies my sensibilities. I can respect their decision; I guess one man's poison is another man's dessert.

2. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Yeah, also amazes me especially having paid a reasonable $264.95 (before tax) for my HC/Gray JPMxx.

Take care...

3. timewrench

timewrench New Member

May 9, 2009
    Local dealer had a used one for $369. I ended up paying $312+ tax , new,from another dealer. No ammo available at the time of course.

Tom

4. RPM_64

RPM_64 New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Down here in So Florida we are at $300.00 out the door all fees and tax included. Of course that said we have MANY shops at well over that and any other reasonable price.

5. rosieK

rosieK New Member

Jun 10, 2009
    I guess supply and demand will always trump sensibilities when buying something. The old motto "patience is a virtue" will lead you to a decent price that should not exceed, for most models, $300 out the door.

6. pedro

pedro New Member

May 28, 2008
    I bought my hard chrome/navy blue 2nd gen P3AT for $260 brand new in the box.  I couldn't imagine paying over $300 for a blued steel version.   :eek:

7. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I paid $275.00 for mine in February. Since then my LGS has sold several at prices ranging from &269.00-$275.00. All of these were of course blued steel models. Bill has made up his mind that now is the time to build a devoted customer base. His shop is rather small with limited stock BUT his prices cannot be beat by anyone in the KCMO area. He is even selling ammo at pre-panic bubble prices. Best of all he's the closest LGS so that I can drop by there several times a week.

8. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    my last one was 200.00 OTD

9. Conner2

Conner2 New Member

May 7, 2009
    I had my eye on a full black 3AT at one of the biggest dealers in the tri-county area. (Charleston, SC) It was about $250 or $260, but my 30 days wasn't up yet. The next week when I went back, it was gone. Not a problem, I thought, I've seen at least one in the case everytime I went to browse. They finally got in 3 of the 3AT's and I was headed in that direction to get mine. For some reason, I asked what the price was.......$380!!!!!!!!! >:(  ARE YOU KIDDING!!!!! I turned around, and will be looking for one at a reasonable price.

I see that the MSRP on the Kel-Tec sight is higher than I'm usde to seeing too!!

10. nmshooter

nmshooter New Member

Jan 25, 2008
  11. Hikerman

Hikerman New Member

Jun 5, 2009
    I paid $299 + tax a week ago. I own a Bersa Thunder cc so I have a lot of 380 ammo. The demand is driving the prices and with Obama in the White House its not getting better anytime soon. >:(

12. Hoopster

Hoopster New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    I personally feel that the P3at is worth up to $350 currently. Now if the value of the dollar keeps falling and demand keeps rising, watch out! Glad I already have one. ;)

13. piratelawyer

piratelawyer New Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Just recently bought mine off of Gunbroker. Bidding for NIB blued P3AT started at $250, with a buy it now price of $299. Someone upped the bid to $280 so I decided to go ahead and buy it at $299.00. Did not have to pay tax, but did have to pay S&H of $18.00 and then pay the transfer fee at my local gun shop. I live in the Raleigh area and could not find a P3AT anywhere. The local gun shop I use regularly recommended that I try Gunbroker because they had a waiting list that went back a year on the P3AT. My dad has had his P3AT for over a year and paid about $275.00 plus tax.

Lucklly the guy I purchased my P3AT was willing to sell me some ammo, but at a marked up price of $30 per box of A-meric.

14. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Active Member

Aug 6, 2007
    $269 is about the going price in my neck of the woods. That's been steady for about a year now - when you can find them, that is. I saw only two at a show this past weekend. A year ago I would have found a dozen or more. I only saw one P11 and I think two PF9's. I guess supply and demand are keeping prices up, but not for me.

15. abq_sfr

abq_sfr New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Anybody know what the dealer cost is on a P3AT? How much have the wholesaler's jacked up the price? From what I've seen all gun prices are going up, probably because of scarcity.

16. raymac1215

raymac1215 New Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Here in Bucks county, Classic Pistol has a used P3AT black for $238.00. It looked like a very well cared for generatiion 2 with maybe 50 rounds thru it. They also have have a new grey P3AT for $287.00. I picked up 2 boxes of federal Hydra Shok-Law enforcement(2 is the limit per customer) for $26.00 per box,50 rounds per box. If you are looking for ammo or a P3AT give Classic Pistol a call. They treat you very nice and have a lot of knowledge. The owner claims he has a good salesman from kel-Tec that gives him 2 per week when possible.
    He just sold a new LCP this morning(same day) and said why would I want one anyway ? KelTec is prefered by him. I told him I would like to have seen it. He sold it for $310.00. Oh well, at least I got some carry ammo and good conversation..

17. papajoejr

papajoejr New Member

Apr 23, 2009
    In NE Michigan I Picked up a P3AT for $275 With holster & Box of 50 Ammo At the local pawn shop.Felt it was an excellent deal considering current trend.

18. Sockeye

Sockeye New Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Pretty much the same in the Missouri and Kansas marketplace. With the .380 ammo problem, I would spend my $$$ on another CC handgun where by you can find ammo for it. If the gun manufactures don't get involved in this ammo problem, it may very well put the .380 sales in the gutter. There are many small CC handguns out there that finding ammo for them is not near impossible.

19. cbreez99

cbreez99 New Member

Aug 18, 2008
    I screwed myself here in Florida, and paid $350.00 last summer for a parkerized P3at...I was anxious, I guess...Because of that, I will never buy from Florida Survivalist in Dunedin, Fl. again. :-[

20. Hoopster

Hoopster New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Makes me regret not picking up a new PF9 that my dealer had for $275 about 8 months ago. I still think the P3at fills my needs better since I already have a G23 but I do like the PF9's.